4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

New Member/Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 01:41 PM
Silv3rBull3t

Exclamation New Member/Question

Hey, bought an 01 GT with 51k miles on it back in August and just came accross this site. I haven't done anything to my car yet except change out the tips from stock 2.5" stainless to 3.5" chrome. I've gotten bored before and unbolted the mufflers which was quite entertaining. Currently it has Flowmaster 40s on it from when I bought it off the last guy.

Now on to the question, I crawled under my car and got to looking because I wanted to change out my mid-pipe for an overall better tone/louder sound/power, etc. I was looking into a Mac Prochamber and I really like the way they sound with the 40s. I'm just curious how do you get those little f***ers (bolts) off with 10 years of rust built up on them -__- I've gotten PB Blaster and used it on the driver side enough to get that side loose then I go to look at the passenger side and it's a "wtf" moment at seeing how tight it is lol. 1.) Anyone know of a guide to getting this sh*t off without breaking anything? 2.) or maybe a method any of you have used and had success unlike myself atm?

Thanks for any input
Old 05-01-2011, 12:55 AM
Webdoc

Heat 'em up with a torch, then hit it with an impact driver.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:31 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Impact and heat, if you cant get a torch in let the car run for awhile then try. Be prepared for a PITA if one of the studs break though.