4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

ebay seats

Old 05-22-2011, 05:03 PM
liljojo4711
4th Gear Member

Default ebay seats

anyone have experience with any aftermarket seats off ebay? im thinking about these because i like the suede look and want black with a little bit of red, so the red stitching is perfect.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=234324562114

yay or nay? anyone have them? any other suggestions that are cheap?
Old 05-22-2011, 07:14 PM
cisurfer
5th Gear Member

I don't see why they would be bad. I have corbeaus and the thigh bolster foam rips under the cloth so sometimes you don't always get what you pay for cuz I paid alot
Old 05-22-2011, 07:46 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Those seats look nice, but at less than 200 a piece they don't seem like they would be of great quality...

Seats are kind of a pain to shop for. It makes the most sense to find someone that has a seat you are looking for to try it out before you place an order but that's hardly possible.

Some members on here have aftermarket seats but iirc most have brand names such as Corbeau and Sparco/etc., not too many with ebay seats.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:18 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Seats are NOT something to skimp on. Cheap ones have crap quality and suck to sit in after about 15 mins. I treat seats like brakes... something you will use EVERY time you drive the car. I suggest finding a place to actually sit in different seats until you find a set that fits your body and a company that will stand behind the product they sell with a good (lifetime) warranty.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LilRoush
Seats are NOT something to skimp on. Cheap ones have crap quality and suck to sit in after about 15 mins. I treat seats like brakes... something you will use EVERY time you drive the car. I suggest finding a place to actually sit in different seats until you find a set that fits your body and a company that will stand behind the product they sell with a good (lifetime) warranty.
^^ I agree , couldnt say it any better. seats are probobly one of the most used items in your car and you want good support.

Cheap seat + long drives = sore butt
Old 05-23-2011, 11:11 AM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

I got seats the look similar to those... And let me tell you these are flat in the back so they will be kind of uncomfortable, also the sides are hold by foam so... Yea... There are better seats than these on eBay get the ones that have a curved back made of fiberglass trust me they are better if you want pics of the seats in a mustang let me know I'll post some btw I traded my stock ones for these so yea...
Old 05-23-2011, 11:32 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

you get what you pay for.. especially with seats. Stick to quality name brand or ull be restitching side bolsters right and left.. literally.

Also, I have to question the safety of budget seats.. they are cutting the cost on the seats somehow.. id imagine materials are not to the same spec as a major brand.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302
you get what you pay for.. especially with seats. Stick to quality name brand or ull be restitching side bolsters right and left.. literally.

Also, I have to question the safety of budget seats.. they are cutting the cost on the seats somehow.. id imagine materials are not to the same spec as a major brand.
My guess..more plastics and pleather.
Why is it people want to change there seat so much.
I can understand in a GT like my 99 (seat are hard as a rock) but my 97 cobra seat are real nice and soft

If you drag race I can also see the point of getting a racing seat.
But some of those Ebay seat are ugly and look real cheap made why buy them over your stock seats? I think it degrades your Mustang.

HOSS I agree with you. must be some cheap made seat to sell at that low of a cost..@ OP stay away
Old 05-23-2011, 04:58 PM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

save up the dough and buy some Corbeau's...
Old 05-23-2011, 05:13 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Repzard
My guess..more plastics and pleather.
Why is it people want to change there seat so much.
I can understand in a GT like my 99 (seat are hard as a rock) but my 97 cobra seat are real nice and soft

If you road race I can also see the point of getting a racing seat.
But some of those Ebay seat are ugly and look real cheap made why buy them over your stock seats? I think it degrades your Mustang.

HOSS I agree with you. must be some cheap made seat to sell at that low of a cost..@ OP stay away
ficksed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ebay seats