4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

My New 2002 Mustang GT Convertible with only 36k miles! Photos inside please rate! :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 09:29 PM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tommy079
On that cover...how does it work? Is it buttons that snap on? And is it a pain to put on and take off?

I think I'd like to get one. It's just I heard they're a pain in the a$$. But it really cleans up the look. Mine didn't come with one. I was looking at another that did, but it was in ROUGH shape.

Oh, and on the license plate...I have a Steelers plate on mine (that's no it in my profile pic though...that's the dealership pic with the Texas plate from where I bought the car in Amarillo). But I love my car and my team equally so I don't care if people think it "ruins" the look

If you're gonna redo the front bumper you might look into getting a whole new bumper cover that doesn't have the shape of the license plate in it at all. And you can upgrade to a Cobra, Saleen, or other style even.

http://www.abcexclusive.com/bumpers_main.htm (you have to scroll halfway down the page to get to the 99-04's)

Anyway congrats on the sweet ride! I must admit I'm partial to the Mustang convertible. It's friggin' beautiful...and you can fit short and tall girls in the back seat

Here's the big question, if you don't mind my asking...How much?
yeah i was getting there lol i didnt forget about you!! and the first time it took a few minutes to get and it just snaps right into a groove behind the backseat and a few snaps on the back trim. mine is stiff right now though cause it has been wrapped up since 2002 in the plastic never been used lol see this is why i bought the car! window sticker looks like it was just taken out of car fyi lol ok anyways yeah i would get one for yours too it dresses it up i think and cleans up the look. and i didnt even think about another bumper but a friend of mine runs his own detail/body shop and will patch the holes and paint it for like under $100 so you cant beat that and i dont mind the spot for them just cant have a plate there! and thanks for the congrats and yes it can hopefully cause im a tall fella (6'4")
Old 06-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Tommy079
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by luke1333
yeah that aint bad and yeah i probably could have got a better deal if i waited but hey it had low miles and great shape and the guy was willing to deal with price. heck i paid under what he owed on it!! he had to pay the bank more money before i got title and stuff lol
Well I had an electrical problem and a cracked intake manifold not long after I bought the car. Between those 2 fixes and other stuff I had to buy like a battery, alternator, headlights, brake light, etc...I'm about $1,000 in, and my top is shrinking so there's another $900. So really I'll have paid like $10,000 so I'd say you got a good deal if it's as cherry as it looks.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Hey don't forget to answer about that cover for me. I'm really interested in maybe getting one for my car.
I had one and the bitch flew off at 80mph on the highway. Semi truck ran it over so I said efffffff it lol.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:32 PM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302
I dont know what it is with people and miles... low miles isnt always a good thing. It means it was never driven lol. Id rather have a 4v with 20k more than a never driven GT.

But it is what it is, all said and done it can be a quick car with the right mods.
yeah i dont mind decent miles but anything near 100k i dont want lol no offense to anybody but they arent clean enough for me then. i live in ohio and i dont know how many cars are rusted underneath and etc etc and this one was sat in the garage in the winter and is pretty clean underneath. i will have to take some photos of the underbody when i put tires on it and do oil change in a few weeks! If you can find a cobra with 55k miles and that clean for $12k i would be interested
Old 06-29-2011, 09:34 PM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

Well I had an electrical problem and a cracked intake manifold not long after I bought the car. Between those 2 fixes and other stuff I had to buy like a battery, alternator, headlights, brake light, etc...I'm about $1,000 in, and my top is shrinking so there's another $900. So really I'll have paid like $10,000 so I'd say you got a good deal if it's as cherry as it looks.
oh man that is some stuff to do lol and im buying sequential tail lights and new goodyear eagles and thats about it for right now and what you mean the top is shrinking?? and i will have tons of photos eventually to show its a cherry! once i find a sweet back drop for it!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:35 PM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gt04
I had one and the bitch flew off at 80mph on the highway. Semi truck ran it over so I said efffffff it lol.
oh man that sucks sure hope that doesnt happen to mine! but i did hit 100 mph with mine on and it didnt fly off so lets hope it stays like that!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:37 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gt04
Don't ask Rob that question! He might get mad at me again!
LOL! You bastid....

For those who don't know...the KB that is on top of this meatball GT04's motor is the exact very one that I was literally 48 hours away from picking up that weekend but was laid off 2 days before. Its all good though. GT04 is the man.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:38 PM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
LOL! You bastid....

For those who don't know...the KB that is on top of this meatball GT04's motor is the exact very one that I was literally 48 hours away from picking up that weekend but was laid off 2 days before. Its all good though. GT04 is the man.
haha how much was the kb?
Old 06-29-2011, 09:38 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Op -

My vote is for 3.73's, offroad x, catback, and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcpScMafB0E
Old 06-29-2011, 09:39 PM
luke1333
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Op -

My vote is for 3.73's, offroad x, catback, and this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcpScMafB0E
oh i love the whine of a sc!!

Quick Reply: My New 2002 Mustang GT Convertible with only 36k miles! Photos inside please rate! :)