4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Toyo Proxes tq drag radial

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 07:50 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Default Toyo Proxes tq drag radial

Well the Nitto 555R's came off tonight, and these went on. Here's my impressions so far: First both my Nitto and Toyo are supposedly the same size at 315/35/17... not even close lol. The Nitto sat very flush on a 10.5" rim (maybe even stretched a tad) and the Toyo bulges quite a bit. I measured both when switching (both off the rim) and the Toyo is just under an inch wider. May not sound like much, but it's very much noticeable. Secondly, there is no doubt the Toyo grips a little harder. From a 1st gear roll on the Nitto will spin even when off the juice. The Toyo barely spun at all... just very briefly, then hooked hard. I did one dig run, and without a doubt they are a step up from the Nitto.

That's it for now. I didn't want to beat the crap out of them right away. I'll give them a few more days and miles, and then really put them through their paces. I'll also be heading to the track soon, so that will be a great test as well.

So far i'm really satisfied, but time will tell how well they wear, and how much better they will be at the track.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:56 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

I can't wait to see some track numbers!
Old 09-15-2011, 08:00 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

cant wait to see how they hook when we race sunday . haha.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:02 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Yeah me too man. Not sure it will be enough from a dig though. I'll need all the advantage i can get from a dig lol.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:04 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

lol. well i wont be leaving on the spray so it's not like my cars gonna pull a tire up or anything. It's just a stalled auto on the worst dr's you can get
Old 09-15-2011, 08:11 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I obviously won't launch on spray either, so maybe it will be close. BTW, i'm just curious will you have a full bottle? I was debating on filling mine, but i know i have at least a half bottle, so it should hit just fine. Besides i want it full for the track, so i'll just do it then.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:14 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

yup I just got it filled this week actually. my camaro race last weekend emptied it. if it's at half you'll be fine tho. i gotta save some for the track the following weekend so i cant use too much of it lol
Old 09-15-2011, 08:51 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

This isn't fair...
Old 09-16-2011, 06:03 AM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
This isn't fair...
You jealous purp? lol.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:38 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Yea you bastards lol!

I'd love to see CTgreddy, MRT and Kugzys cars in a 3 way drag race. All three on the sauciest of the sauce-ayyy sauce at 1,000psi bottle pressure and you know, all that other good ish.
Who do you think would win?

Thats a debate I'd like to read about on this god damn dreadful 2 hour train ride to and from work!

Quick Reply: Toyo Proxes tq drag radial