4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Well this is interesting...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

Default Well this is interesting...

I have no clue when this could have happend, anywhere from going to the grocery store to going to the park. And strangley enough I am not mad about it.... I just want to know how in the world did this happen? Its not like a person keyed or dented my car ... it's cracked... Its on the drivers side, right above the window.

Picture below.

Old 05-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Bigry18
2nd Gear Member

Hmm thats weird maybe something big when driveing? lol but you prob could hear that im thinking.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

I thought maybe somthing came up and hit me while driving on the road (which could very well be), but I can't remember anything. And I'll be honest, I am more interested in how it happend than being furious about it haha.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

Wow, never seen anything like that before!
Old 05-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Bigry18
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Doyon
I thought maybe somthing came up and hit me while driving on the road (which could very well be), but I can't remember anything. And I'll be honest, I am more interested in how it happend than being furious about it haha.
Yeah thats what i was thinking. Have you look to see how much to get repaired?
Old 05-26-2012, 02:01 PM
matt1990
1st Gear Member

ive got the same exact thing on mine, no clue why it happened
Old 05-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bigry18
Yeah thats what i was thinking. Have you look to see how much to get repaired?
Bigry, I looked online for a replacment piece (non painted) and I think it was $210 to buy it, plus what ever it would cost to paint it. So it's not to bad, but I am not going to replace it just yet, I am still intriged by it still haha.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:51 PM
13hundred&20FT

Man I think someone might have tried to jimmy the car! prob tried to pry the door to get something in there to hit the unlock button. What ever it was it sucks!
Old 05-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 13hundred&20FT
Man I think someone might have tried to jimmy the car! prob tried to pry the door to get something in there to hit the unlock button. What ever it was it sucks!
I didn't even think about that, it could very well be what happend.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:44 PM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

OUCH!!!! That suck...

When did you notice it? Being it is on the drivers side, you would of noticed it instantly. I mean, if you went to the grocery store and it wasn't like that when you walked in, like that when you came out, it was probably someone trying to break into your car. To do that while you were driving, you would/should of heard something when it happened.

Considering its location, I vote it was a thief trying to break in and be quiet about it. Smashing a side window out in the middle of the night is pretty loud. Draws too much attention. You got me curious now.

Lastly, you got kids? I park mine in the garage. When my kids go in the garage to get their bikes, I cringe every time they wheel their bikes past my car. If I had a dime every time I said the words, "Watch out for my Mustang", I'd be a rich man...

Quick Reply: Well this is interesting...