4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 07:20 PM
atv4life95

Default Hello!

Hi all, just picked up a 2003 Mustang GT the other day with 65k miles on it. It's a nice car, and I look forward to being able to drive it. I have one concern about this car though. When I was checking it out, I noticed that the car was a quart low on oil. I do know that these engines naturally have a little oil burn off out of the breathers and make a mess of the throttle body, but I think the PCV is making this engine consume more oil than normal because when I was following my dad the other day (he was driving the stang, and I was driving his truck), I noticed after he had really gotten on it, a little puff of blue smoke came out once he let off. So I was wondering, would it be safe to plug the ports on the CAI and the intake plenum to eliminate the breather tubes and just get a pair of crankcase breather filters? I've tried looking this up online, but haven't had much success in getting a straight answer. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:12 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

To delete the pcv without making a mess by just sticking a breather on the valve cover, run hoses from the valve covers to a vented catch can and plug everythig else. The car may need a tune but im not sure, on my supercharged application my tuner said it will need re tune.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:20 PM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Ya, just get a oil catch can. Americanmuscle.com