4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Go Pro?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 01:29 AM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
the new gopro hero3 will come with wifi(wifi remote control and ipod/droid apps). will be awesome as i mount mine on the outside of the car a lot, and thus when i'm out cruising on the highway i always come home to 30+ minute videos and those are a pain to edit.
I actually just saw an ad for it on facebook! haha, I think that i'll wait and get the new one!
Old 10-29-2012, 05:58 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Originally Posted by BraMas
Nope the suction cup is awesome. They will fall off a kayak and sink to the bottom of a lake real fast though (ooops!)
My suction cup is now glued on with silicone, as it actually DID fall off one time. I had it installed for probably over a year and was cruising through Napa with the wife. We were sitting at a stop light and just fell off the window Fortunately, I always keep that strap hooked around the viser peg and can see it in the lower image of my above post. It just fell and started dangling next to the window. I had always figured that if it fell off, I would be rippin' the AX course and it would thrash about a few times before I could stop it. At the least, the camera would break and possibly the windshield... can I get another please?

I now used adheasive silicone to glue it to the window and give it a good tug once in a while to test the strength
Old 10-29-2012, 07:24 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
I've been over 140 with them and no issues. here's a couple outside vids i've taken with them. best thing about the go pro's is since they're in that plastic case, you get virtually no wind noise which is amazing for vids like these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJmyy...3&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPV_D...6&feature=plcp
I definantly wanna get one of those now. I think mounting it on the sump on my gas tank would make for an awsom burnout video.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:27 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by Jazzer The Cat
My suction cup is now glued on with silicone, as it actually DID fall off one time. I had it installed for probably over a year and was cruising through Napa with the wife. We were sitting at a stop light and just fell off the window Fortunately, I always keep that strap hooked around the viser peg and can see it in the lower image of my above post. It just fell and started dangling next to the window. I had always figured that if it fell off, I would be rippin' the AX course and it would thrash about a few times before I could stop it. At the least, the camera would break and possibly the windshield... can I get another please?

I now used adheasive silicone to glue it to the window and give it a good tug once in a while to test the strength
I dont think glueing is an option when mounting on the cars exterior, silly jazzer.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Jay-rod427
3rd Gear Member

I have a cheap knockoff and it is just that... I know several guys who have real GoPro's and they are amazing. You can stick the suction cup almost anywhere and it won't fall off.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:42 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
I always wanted to get one of these go pro cameras, so they really don't fly off the car mounted outside?
I had mine on a dragster with the suction cup mount and it stayed on through the 1/4.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

I dont think glueing is an option when mounting on the cars exterior, silly jazzer.
Y not?
Old 11-03-2012, 11:35 AM
CobraFrenzy
3rd Gear Member

nice vids ctgreddy ... is that whineing the steering pump?
Old 11-03-2012, 02:10 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

I definantly wanna get one of those now. I think mounting it on the sump on my gas tank would make for an awsom burnout video.
I'll be dong that next year for some, my car backfires on almost all 3-4 shift and spits flames on most of those, so mounting it pointing backwards on the gas tank will allow to catch some vids of the flame, there's a guy on svtp who's car does the same thing and he showed me his vids of this, looks sick.

and no cobrafrenzy, it's my alternator bearing
Old 11-03-2012, 03:19 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by 01GT4.6
I had mine on a dragster with the suction cup mount and it stayed on through the 1/4.
Sup bro!!

Quick Reply: Go Pro?