4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

4.6 Forums dead?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 04:51 PM
blu30val
2nd Gear Member

As a newbie I'm probably guilty of about half the gripes and rants however, I thought this forum was meant to be a community of mustang owners, talking about their vehicles or asking/answering questions. Maybe what the Forum needs is an interface change or you guys that are more knowledgeable should start a blog like cliff, to answer common questions without clogging up the board with the same ol. I'm not arguing, just helping find a resolution.

Last edited by blu30val; 02-27-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:33 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
I mainly lurk around. I should just be sxynrd and call everyone out or white fox for that matter lol.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:39 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by blu30val
As a newbie I'm probably guilty of about half the gripes and rants however, I thought this forum was meant to be a community of mustang owners, talking about their vehicles or asking/answering questions. Maybe what the Forum needs is an interface change or you guys that are more knowledgeable should start a blog like cliff, to answer common questions without clogging up the board with the same ol. I'm not arguing, just helping find a resolution.
No, it's people that need to smart up and use the search button.

There is no point to ask "what exhaust should I get" unless it has more meaning to it like "I'm running a panhard bar and I head some catback have clearance issues...what exhaust is known to fit?"

BUT, at that time of asking what exhaust fits a Panhard bar, I bet the person would have some sense to them since they are using a Panhard Bar.

I'm all for answering a post that the person has shown they did their research and have tried to do the corrective actions and sill fail if something is wrong with their car...but all these grossly opinionated/subjective threads on exhaust choice and wheel color/selection get old.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

Hey,will 8" X 18" Bullitts fit my car? It's lowered. I won't mention the brand of wheel or its backspacing or offset or the make and model of my springs, but I need an answer ASAP because I just got my tax refund loan from H&R Block and I wanna order wheels tomorrow!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:31 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Hey guys

whats the best cold air intake for my car?

thanks
Old 02-28-2013, 10:36 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

LEAVE ME BEHIND OREGON TRAIL
Old 02-28-2013, 10:47 AM
blu30val
2nd Gear Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by smitty2919
No, it's people that need to smart up and use the search button.

There is no point to ask "what exhaust should I get" unless it has more meaning to it like "I'm running a panhard bar and I head some catback have clearance issues...what exhaust is known to fit?"

BUT, at that time of asking what exhaust fits a Panhard bar, I bet the person would have some sense to them since they are using a Panhard Bar.

I'm all for answering a post that the person has shown they did their research and have tried to do the corrective actions and sill fail if somrething is wrong with their car...but all these grossly opinionated/subjective threads on exhaust choice and wheel color/selection get old.

Those are the posts I don't make... Haha. I search around mainly on tech stuff, I can usually find the answer or a better idea and let the last guy take the verbal beating. The generation just getting into vehicles seem to be veeerrryyyy lazy guys, I have a 18 yr old sister, won't google search where a state inspection station is. I don't foresee anybody attempting what I mentioned, but I figured I'd throw it out there. I enjoy this forum thoroughly, but there's no chance a public forum is going to slow its evolution and cater to the experienced/ long term members. I just ask and thank the select few that will have patience to continue helping a newbie like me.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:58 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Good thing about owning a mustang is it's safe to say that 90% of all the mods someone wants to do and 90% of the problems someone has...has already been done and figured out.

It's amazing what doign a little research will tell you.

L/T's catless midpipes and LM1's...FTMFW yo
Old 02-28-2013, 12:39 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Hey guiz, post your street race and burnout videos here...

go go go go
Old 02-28-2013, 02:01 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

Quick Reply: 4.6 Forums dead?