4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Clutch pedal vibration after clutch replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 01:31 AM
Mike J Youngquist

Default Clutch pedal vibration after clutch replacement

I am puzzled. I have a 97 GT 5 speed. The throwout bearing was chirping so I went ahead and got a kit and replaced the pilot bearing pressure plate etc. they resurfaced my flywheel. Also replaced my fork and pivot ball I immediately noticed a clutch pedal vibration consistently at around 2000 rpm. It does it at that rpm when accelerating and it does it when its decelerating. I put it neutral and only give it gas and don't do anything with the clutch at all and it still vibrates awful at 2000 rpm. It didn't do this at all before clutch kit and new fork and pivot ball. Any ideas? It seems like it is getting worse and can now hear the vibration outside the car in synch with the pedal vibration and noise inside the car. Wether in neutral or while driving if I put slight pressure on the clutch pedal the vibration noise goes away but can feel it in the pedal. Any ideas would b greatly appreciated!!