Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

SLP long-tubes........

Old 07-29-2006, 07:44 PM
phazeone
1st Gear Member

Default SLP long-tubes........

i had ordered them from LMperformance.com but they never shipped them to me so i canceled my order ......now im lookin for other wbesites that carry SLP and also the cheapest price possible i dont feel like cutting off my right arm just to buy them just so0o0 happens my clutch just went, so im looking to do both jobs at once so im alittle tight on cash...
any help will be appreciated
Old 07-29-2006, 08:41 PM
ren274u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: SLP long-tubes........

rpmoutlet.com

Just call and make sure its in stock before you order. If in stock they ship very fast.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:44 AM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Save your money, the exhaust in these cars is fine...it is not worth the cash. I would only change out the headers on this car if I was running a blower...then and only then will this be justified...especailly longtubes...
Old 07-30-2006, 02:48 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

the exhaust in these cars is fine...it is not worth the cash. I would only change out the headers on this car if I was running a blower...then and only then will this be justified...especailly longtubes...
...what are you talking about.. longtubes with a tune on these cars are worth about 20 hp.. even more if you switch out the mid pipe..
Old 07-30-2006, 04:13 AM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Thats funny.
I wil give you my car if you go put longtubes on and give me the dyno sheets to match.

There is no possible way, I have had 4 mustangs and have been modding cars for 16 years. Its all a balancing act between air intake and exhaust, and believe you me without addtional air coming into the motor you can not freeing up the numbers suggested.

Check out 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords July 2006 issue.
They put the FRRP drag pack on and here is the highlights
BaseLine: 5,900 rpm 277.9 hrspwr 247.30 trq

W/ just headers at 5,900 rpm 277.90 hrspwr
at 6,000 rpm 278.74 hrspwr

w/ the whole kit installed at 6,100 rpm 19.48 hrspwr ....total gain at the wheels. And all that cam from the CAI and Tune....the exhaust is already freeflowing in this car...only need to change with a power adder and longtubes are over kill for N/A cars.

P.S. How do you like those SLP LM's?

Old 07-30-2006, 04:28 AM
WildRed
2nd Gear Member

+1 amen brother. pypes web site has dyno sheets and long tubes do not add that much. ive yet to see anyone post a dyno sheet with lts there only mod.

Thats funny.
I wil give you my car if you go put longtubes on and give me the dyno sheets to match.

There is no possible way, I have had 4 mustangs and have been modding cars for 16 years. Its all a balancing act between air intake and exhaust, and believe you me without addtional air coming into the motor you can not freeing up the numbers suggested.

Check out 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords July 2006 issue.
They put the FRRP drag pack on and here is the highlights
BaseLine: 5,900 rpm 277.9 hrspwr 247.30 trq

W/ just headers at 5,900 rpm 277.90 hrspwr
at 6,000 rpm 278.74 hrspwr

w/ the whole kit installed at 6,100 rpm 19.48 hrspwr ....total gain at the wheels. And all that cam from the CAI and Tune....the exhaust is already freeflowing in this car...only need to change with a power adder and longtubes are over kill for N/A cars.

P.S. How do you like those SLP LM's?
Old 07-30-2006, 04:36 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Well first off, you can forget anything youve ever done to any other Mustang because its irrelevant on this model. Second you can talk to anyone else who has installed longtubes and theyll tell you theyve gotten at least 20 from them. Thirdly, you cant take numbers you got from a Ford drag pack with numbers from a custom tune and some good aftermarket headers. Fact is, even the drag pack is wimpy and watered down. Ask anyone who has added shortys and longtubes and they will tell you that SHORTYS are the headers that are only worth 3-5 hp and longtubes are worth well over 20 if tuned correctly. Anyone who installs a set of longtubes and doesnt get those results either isnt tuned for them or has a really crappy tuner. A simple X pipe switch out is giving everyone another 5-10 hp.

BTW I love my LM's
Old 07-30-2006, 04:43 AM
WildRed
2nd Gear Member

bingo

longtubes are worth well over 20 if tuned correctly.
thats where the gains come from, the tune, not the headers. hell you can put a 93 octane tune on a stock mustang and get 15 hp. just by advancing the timing and fuel curves.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:45 AM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Well first off, you can forget anything youve ever done to any other Mustang because its irrelevant on this model. Second you can talk to anyone else who has installed longtubes and theyll tell you theyve gotten at least 20 from them. Thirdly, you cant take numbers you got from a Ford drag pack with numbers from a custom tune and some good aftermarket headers. Fact is, even the drag pack is wimpy and watered down. Ask anyone who has added shortys and longtubes and they will tell you that SHORTYS are the headers that are only worth 3-5 hp and longtubes are worth well over 20 if tuned correctly. Anyone who installs a set of longtubes and doesnt get those results either isnt tuned for them or has a really crappy tuner. A simple X pipe switch out is giving everyone another 5-10 hp.

BTW I love my LM's

Lets agree to disagree.

In regards to the SLP's if you could get a clip up that would be great.

Old 07-30-2006, 02:13 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Hay Phazeone---Geezz, how long you had your car? Its an 06 an the clutch is gone???????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SLP long-tubes........