Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

MMR Annihilator Power Package???

Old 08-02-2006, 12:54 AM
grey06gt
1st Gear Member

Default MMR Annihilator Power Package???

I was just curious if anyone had experience with this package and what you guys thought about it. I have not really heard anything about this particular kit so I don't know if it is any good.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:27 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: MMR Annihilator Power Package???

Never even heard of it.. have any links or other info?
Old 08-02-2006, 03:55 AM
grey06gt
1st Gear Member

here is a link to their 2005+ mustang page...they have that annihilator kit package with the high flow intake tube and tune for 699 i believe. from what THEY say it sounds like a good product but then again who is gunna give you the negatives of their own work? not many. i hadn't read anything anywhere about mmr either and i just happened to stumble upon their site one day.
http://www.modularmustangracing.com/
Old 08-02-2006, 04:06 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Not sure about them, dont know anyone who has tried one but I think its kinda wierd that the regular kit is supposed to provide as much HP as the "high flow" kit thats 150 bucks more.... am I missing something?

They look like a reputable company, but I doubt youll get the "proven 35 hp". Its up to you but you could either take a chance on this one and save a little money or pay some extra and get a kit thats proven. Its up to you but in the end it could mean dissapointment or satisfaction.. hell.. you never know, you could get this kit and it could be better than all the others out there.. Id wait on it though and try to find someone else whos tried it at least.

JMO
Old 08-02-2006, 04:24 AM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

I will never give any of my busines to MMR. A buddy of mine got a clutch for his 03 Mach 1 and it has given him nothing but problems and they blamed it on him, when they were the ones to install it. They were informed of the problem and did not even really care.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:39 PM
grey06gt
1st Gear Member

yea now that i've started asking about this company i havnt heard many good things...i still got a week or so left before i purchase any cai and tuner so i guess i will try to find some more stuff out...
Old 08-02-2006, 03:49 PM
grey06gt
1st Gear Member

I forgot to add this but i had emailed them last night asking what type of hp gains i should expect to see and they said this kit is good for up to 35-40hp. that seems like a bit much to me but if its true those are some damn good numbers. i might give it a try to see how it works (unfortunately there are no dynos around here) since not many people have. who knows though im still kinda iffy about this company.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:19 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Yeah did they say 30-40 at the crank or at the wheels? Even still.. 40 hp at the crank is tough to swallow..
Old 08-02-2006, 04:57 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

The MMR intake came out with a "middle of the road" review in 5.0 Mustangs & Super Fords. You can read about it here:

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/tec...ake/index.html

Personally, I stick with one of the "big ones": JLT, C&L, or K&N and a tuner of your choice. Many vendors sell "combos" of the Tuner + Intake. Check Brenspeed or Evolution performance. Both are forum sponsors and both are not only known for quality tunes, but excellent service as well.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:40 PM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

Personally, I stick with one of the "big ones": JLT, C&L, or K&N and a tuner of your choice. Many vendors sell "combos" of the Tuner + Intake. Check Brenspeed or Evolution performance. Both are forum sponsors and both are not only known for quality tunes, but excellent service as well.
+1

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MMR Annihilator Power Package???