Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

First Mod....FINALLY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 09:35 PM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

Default First Mod....FINALLY!!!!

So I put my first mod on the Roush this morning....

Put the Roush Short Shifter in....the install was pretty damn easy, it took me all of an hour and a half, by myself. The instructions would be better with some color, but all-in-all they were pretty accurate...I do have a little whistling coming from the dust boot, but I think i just need to not be lazy and go re-adjust it...When I put the dust boot back in I wasn't too sure I got it....

Review:
Now this is what a shifter should feel like...I'm in love...this thing absolutely rocks.....The shifting is precise as all hell....Some complain about the notchyness, but I think it is just fine...I can't give any complaints......

I have to give big-ups to the guys over at Stage3Motorsports for hooking me up with an awesome product at an awesome price....Give these guys some business they ROCK
Old 09-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: First Mod....FINALLY!!!!

My first mod was a shifter too. They are crucial to getting the correct feel out of the manual transmission driving experience.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:09 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

interesting. i think the stock shifter really gets the job done. maybe im just used to it. i can rip through the gears like no other haha.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:16 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

So can I... [8D]