Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 12:20 AM
fordfreakfallon

Default Please Help!

Aaagghhh! I just traded in my 2004 Mustang GT for a 2007 Mustang GT. I was unable to drive my car for two days, and just right now when I got in it it said to check the charging system. I've only had it for two weeks! I was told to just drive it for a while to see what happened, and things started going crazy! My air conditioner, radio, and interior lights all turned off! My headlights dimmed and my traction control turned off. My ABS light also turned on. My car seemed to have no power. I understand that the car is supposed to turn off all unnecessary things to save power for the engine, but what is wrong with my charging system? I am so depressed! My car is brand new and something already went wrong. I am going to take it into the dealership, but I just want to know if anyone else has had this problem or has an idea as to what it might be. Is it even o.k. to drive my car an hour away to get to the dealership? Please help!
Thanks,
Fallon
Old 09-23-2006, 12:24 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Please Help!

hang in there, all will be ok.

first, take it to the dealership, they will look at it and
fix what is not right.

second, have someone follow you if you are worried that it may not make it
on it's own.

I hope it all works out for you in the end.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:31 AM
fordfreakfallon

Hi....thanks. I'm sure they will be able to fix whatever it is, but I'm just so upset. I hope I didn't get a lemon. I love mustangs, and I love my car. I hope that it is just something minor, and that it doesn't happen again. Thanks again, Fallon
Old 09-23-2006, 02:31 AM
F00Mustang
3rd Gear Member

I smell a LEMON LAW claim.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Dumpweed
2nd Gear Member

i had the check charging system light go off too. my car died and everything. turned out to be a bad alternator. but it took the dealership a few days to figure it out though!!! but hey, it happens...sorry to hear about your luck, but i'm sure they'll work it out and you can be back in your baby flying down the road
Old 09-24-2006, 08:29 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

This is the same reason I'm scared to go with underdrive pulleys. The alternators and A/C in these cars seem to be problematic but thankfully so far I've had no issues.
Old 09-24-2006, 08:46 PM
fordfreakfallon

Thanks for the reply. The strange thing is is that I checked my battery and it is charging, which would mean that my alternator is working. Maybe the same thing happened with your car, and that's why it took a few days for them to figure it out. With everything that is happening, it does sound like the problem is my alternator.......I just hope they figure it out quick. I've only had my car two weeks, and I've hardly driven it. I sure am going to be happy when I get it back and running 100%!