Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Supercharger Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 11:21 PM
againstallodds1

Default Supercharger Problem

About two weeks ago I ordered the Saleen blower from JDM with a stage two upgrade for my 07 mustang GT. They told me when I ordered that they needed a few extra parts like some hoses and thermostat housing. JDM told me it would take 3 days to come it. So I made the appointment for 10 days later with my mechanic to have it installed, giving them the benefit of the doubt. A week later I called them and they said it will be in by the install day (last wendsday.) On wendsday they told me it would definately be in Thursday. So I dropped the car off at my mechanics shop and he did the install. He finished everything that night except the parts that we are waiting for. On thursday, I called JDM and then they told me that the parts are on national back order. Could be waiting for a month for them. Saleen doesnt have them either.
So my question is does anyone have these parts or know where to get them? Right now my daily driver is sitting at the shop and I have nothing to drive till these parts come in. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-16-2006, 12:38 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Supercharger Problem

Well it's not like you actually told us what specific parts you need.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:53 AM
againstallodds1

I was told that it is all the front end hoses, ( top and bottom radiator hoses and a few others) and the thermostat and housing for a 05 - 06 GT. I didnt say the parts because the all the parts are listed as a kit now to convert the 07 GT to an 06. But those are the parts I think JDM told me it is a total of 8 pieces.
Old 10-16-2006, 01:19 AM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

Old Chinese saying "Never count your supercharger parts before they hatch."
Old 10-16-2006, 02:14 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: againstallodds1

I was told that it is all the front end hoses, ( top and bottom radiator hoses and a few others) and the thermostat and housing for a 05 - 06 GT. I didnt say the parts because the all the parts are listed as a kit now to convert the 07 GT to an 06. But those are the parts I think JDM told me it is a total of 8 pieces.
Uh... you don't change radiator hoses for a Saleen install. Are you sure that they didn't mean intercooler hoses? If that is the case, just go get yourself about 20ft or so of 3/4" heater hose. It won't be formed like the Saleen hose, but big deal. Hell I replaced all of my formed hoses when I upgraded the intercooler reservoir. Formed hoses are not a must. I don't remember changing thermostat housings when I installed mine either. Does he mean the water crossover tube?
Old 10-16-2006, 02:53 AM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

+1 - doesn't sound right to me either...[8D]

Old 10-16-2006, 02:58 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I would be pissed at JDM for giving you verbal confirmation of when the parts would arrive and then not complying with their own word.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:49 AM
againstallodds1

There are a few things that are different from the 05 - 06 to the 07. The thermostat housing is relocated.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:35 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

sorry to hear about your misfortune....you should've never dropped the car off and let them tear it down without everything being there?

hope it gets better...

Old 10-17-2006, 09:34 PM
RETMSG

I completed the install on my Saleen SC a week ago. There were several problems I ran into. The 07 GT is quite different than the 05/06 GT. The upper left radiator hose angles down to the driver side of the radiator where it connects with different PVC connectors. One goes to the lower driver side of the engine block one goes to the recovery tank, etc.. The new system has the upper left going to the upper left side of the engine with a new crossover (06 GT) on the engine. I did not receive a upper left radiator hose, however, the upper left hose that came on the 07 GT is long enough to make measurements and cut to fit the upper left side to the engine. The thermostat housing stands mid-air connected to the upper right side of the cross-over, the recovery tank, the lower right radiator and the lower right side of the engine. I was also missing the bracket for the inner-cooler recovery tank to the shock tower that is not needed on the 05 or 06 GTs. I made this out of 1/8 inch steel plate, first making a cardboard template and then transfering the drawing onto the plate. The kit pulls hard and strong, but I have one question for those of you who have run the Saleen kit, do you get oil residue in the inlet of the SC from the Positive Crankcase Vent on the passenger side where it connects to the CAI tube?.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Problem