Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 05:46 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

Default Need Help!!!

I haven't driven a manual trans06 Mustang GT other than my brother's Roush since before I bought my 06 GT auto. In my auto, the car pulls all the way to the shift point (about 6,000rpms. In mybrothers Roush, the car stops pulling at 4,200rpms. I thought that he might have a bad knock sensor (false detonation)that was causing the PCM to jump into safe mode. He took the car to the dealer and they used a data logger.......no codes.

Has anyone had a similar experience? This is not a intermittent issue.....it's always dropping off at 4,200rpms.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:03 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Need Help!!!

Either the cam timing is off, and if Im not mistaken the new stangs have variable valve timing. It could be that its not advancing when it should.
-P.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:01 PM
2oo5stang
3rd Gear Member

definitely something wrong, my car feels strong from 3K-6K rpms. did you have them test drive it?
Old 01-13-2007, 12:42 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2oo5stang

definitely something wrong, my car feels strong from 3K-6K rpms. did you have them test drive it?
I didn't go with my brother to the dealer......but he said they test drove it and data logged on the test drive. No codes. Yesterday I started thinking it might be the air filter. Sometimes the easiest fix is the one that is most over-looked. I am going to check his air filter today and see what it looks like. I'll let you guys know what I find.