Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

what next????

Old 05-10-2007, 01:47 AM
nhvickery
2nd Gear Member

Default what next????

u can see my mods at the bottem so what should i do next...go with suspension upgrades or more power.....im not ready for a s/c or turbo yet i just want to get the most power i can out a gas engine. nothing more than 2 thousand or so.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:49 AM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: what next????

wheels maybe..... or suspension, depends if you want function or dress.... personally I'd go w/ suspension or an aluminum driveshaft.. Wheels though can erally make the car look nice.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:54 AM
dseid2
2nd Gear Member

Well you could spend that $2K on underdrive pulleys, the IMRC delete, a 4.10 gear set and an aluminium driveshaft. If you do the suspenison would you go for drag race or road race suspension?
Old 05-12-2007, 11:18 AM
nhvickery
2nd Gear Member

i was thinking about it and i think i want the road racing suspension. no expects mustangs to take corners. i dont know anything about suspensions though. i need to look on the forums for it but is their a package u would recommend?
Old 05-12-2007, 04:59 PM
nhvickery
2nd Gear Member

also what is a IMRC delete??? forgive me im still trying to learn!
Old 05-12-2007, 05:05 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

its actually CMCV or CMDP Do a seach using those terms as there are many good threads on them with very good answers
Old 05-12-2007, 06:01 PM
dirtydeedsinc
2nd Gear Member

I'd say suspension or gears. Depends on what you want to do with it also. You can keep adding power but there's a point where it won't help as your suspension will be the weak link. You could put N2O on but if you're running stock tires and suspension, you'll probably break traction pretty good when you hit it.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:56 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

my vote is for a "spydershaft" driveshaft first of course but gears would be a close second.
it just depends on what your final plan is. do you drag race or is this purely a street car/road course car? are you planing on any type of F.I.? all these types of things need to be considered or else you will just waste money on parts that won't work for you in the future....i've already done that a few times.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:19 AM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

I read an article the other day, breaking into the 12s with a n/a car...on a budget. you already have full exhaust so that will help. But basically get a 1pc lightweight driveshaft, 4.10s make a good difference. If thats to steep for your liking, 3.73s or 3.90s are available too. For suspension, for keeping it to the street, maybe a lowering kit. And a set of welded rims may look a little "funny" but they'll cut off a decent amount of weight and give you some stickies for the rear end. Also, simply bolts ons like UDPs, short shifter for stick, higher stall converter for auto, i agree with the delete plates too^^^, and a throttle body.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:19 AM
nhvickery
2nd Gear Member

i accually installed my hurst short throw shifter today! as far as gears goes are 4.10s to steep for me if i dont do a lot of drag racing? id like to make it more of a road course car. if i get a throttle body i dont want to lean the car out to much....the guy who tuned my car said that if i get a throttle body he, of couse, will have to tune my car again and too much air flow could accually decrease RWHP. so if i get bigger injectors would that balance it out?

Search this Thread