Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

2008 GT/CE new problem with bent valve-help

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 11:13 AM
rpmustang

Default 2008 GT/CE new problem with bent valve-help

I just bought a new 08 GT/CE (california Edition) and with less than 100 miles on it i heard a ticking and brought it immediatley to the dealer ( i had not even finished the purchasers paperwork yet as they let me take it home for a night) and they told me that the valve was bent because somehow oil was not put in the car at the dealer. (they bought the car from another dealer because they did not have that car in stock). Anyway i do not know alot about cars and want to find out what the possible ramificatios can be. The dealer assurred me that they will fix it and it will be fully documented in my warranty documents but i am unsure of whether i should even take delivery of the car after its fixed. Please any advice you can give is appreciated. I do not even know what a bent valve is or how it may affect the engine.

actually, while writting the dealer just called and advised that Ford was going to replace the entire engine. I guess that should fix it. They stated that Ford wanted to know exactly why this happenned-apparently they are saying now that it was not an oil problem but something that occurred on assembly line causing the problem.

thanks in adavance
Old 12-31-2007, 11:17 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: 2008 GT/CE new problem with bent valve-help

ticking is normal with the engine, the fuel injectors and valves are noisy.....i would assume that would be the problem but I dont see the dealer go through this trouble for nothing either.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:01 PM
Argonaut
4th Gear Member

If they are going to replace the engine I wouldn't worry about it at all, just let them do it, there won't be any ramifications. It a great car, don't know what happened but overall these cars are super.

It must have been 'ticking' pretty darn loud. Like Matt said, they are a bit noisy. If you open the hood and listen closely, you will hear a slight ticking sound, its totally normal. If you really don't know what a bent valve is then you've come to the right place. Hang out, read, ask questions, etc. You will learn a ton!
Old 12-31-2007, 05:15 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Argonaut

If they are going to replace the engine I wouldn't worry about it at all, just let them do it, there won't be any ramifications. It a great car, don't know what happened but overall these cars are super.
I disagree. I'd rather have the engine installed at the factory than at a dealer. I'd look for another car and get a regular gt, but i'm not a fan of the CS.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:19 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I'd also just like to say that this is definately a rare thing. If anyone is going to bend a valve it'd be me and i've had no problems.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:58 PM
RHuckster
2nd Gear Member

If I where you I'd find another car to purchase but if you do get this one make sure they don't replace the engine with a factory reconditioned engine, only a brand new engine will do. Ford is sneaky/sleasy & they will try & put a rebuilt in your BRAND NEW car& of all the factory reconditioned 5.4 engines that Ford replaced in their trucks because of piston slap started burning oil with less than 50K on them.

Rick
Old 12-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Blackhawk
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

ticking is normal with the engine, the fuel injectors and valves are noisy.....i would assume that would be the problem but I dont see the dealer go through this trouble for nothing either.
That's good to know, cause my car runs strong, sounds awesome with the exhaust & 4" tips, but when I open the hood it sounds like somebody is playing Soundgarden's "Spoonman" under the valve covers. [&:]
Old 02-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat
Listen I have almost 70,000 miles on my 05 stang ( it was made September 2004) and from the beginning of time if this car was cold it would tick if I push the accelerator to hard while it was cold. Well no biggy right, well yesterday I got on mine while running a dodge charger and it began to tick. I worry sometimes that it's hurting the engine. Any comments. I have thought of buying some kind of oil honey to help it. Or a fuel additive. Any comments. It sounds like metal on metal. I'm not losing any power though it just sounds not normal.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:41 AM
charliebrown266
4th Gear Member

I don't understand how they would say no oil was in it from the dealer! These cars come with oil in them from the factory. they are driven of the line,driven on and off the truck.Something is not right! If they are going to put a motor in it i would make sure it is brand new and not rebuilt! Hell they should give you another new car!
Old 02-22-2009, 04:28 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Last edited by BruceH; 12-05-2010 at 10:30 AM.

Quick Reply: 2008 GT/CE new problem with bent valve-help