MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L V8 Technical Discussions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions-69/)
-   -   2006 GT Seeking 500+HP For Son's War Pony!!!! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-v8-technical-discussions/422053-2006-gt-seeking-500-hp-for-sons-war-pony.html)

Proud Marine Parent 03-20-2008 02:44 PM

2006 GT Seeking 500+HP For Son's War Pony!!!!

My Son Is A US Marine And Is Currently Deployed (Iraq)!! He Bought A 2006 GT Fully Loaded It Is A Ford Motor Co. VIP Car With 5,700 miles And Full Factory Warranty!! He Located The Car OnlineWhile In Iraq Made All The Arrangements Paid For It And I Picked It Up Last Friday. All He Has Seen Of It Is Pictures And A Video I Sent Him Of Us Driving It, He Wants To Take His Deployment Earnings And Build The Mustang Of His Dreams!!! The 1st Thing He Wants To Do Is Get It Into The 500+HP Range.Then He Wants Road Racing Type Handling. He Deffinetly Wants To Go Super Charger But From There We Are Lost, What Is The Best For His Application For The HP He Wants We Are Not Worried About The Factory Warranty He Realizes Anything He Does To This Car Is Going To Be Considered Abuse That Is Why He Bought It!! He Didn't Buy The Car To Beat Though He Bought The Car To Work On, Build it, Make Better, Drive It To The Track Change The Tune And Tires And Spend TheDay Racing And See What He Has Acomplished With It. It Still Has To Maintain Street Legalness Though!!
The Car Blk/Blk2006 Mustang GT, 5,700 Miles, 4.6L V-8,5 Spd,Fully Loaded, Tilt, Leather, Cruise, A/C,Full Power Buckets, Rally Mirrors, SVT Wheels, Shaker 500, Anti Theft The Works. I Think To Much For A Track Car But It's Both A Daily Driver, Weekend War Pony!!
Any Advice Is Greatly Appreciated, And Will Be Seriously Considered. I Will Forward All Advice To My Son In Iraq, We Will Build The Car While He Is There So When His Deployment Is Up March '09 His War Pony Will Be Ready To Do Battle On The Track!!
Thank You
Jeff
My Son, My Soldier, My Hero

[IMG]local://upfiles/75698/09A1579F5AF140A59A11D5177EC66EB1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/75698/E70A06F01AAD4A169660BFA2719FC783.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/75698/E650BD52EC4C4F83A8B3062ECB1CBA75.jpg[/IMG]

hammeron 03-20-2008 02:51 PM

RE: 2006 GT Seeking 500+HP For Son's War Pony!!!!

sounds like a fun build/project.

danGT06 03-20-2008 02:51 PM

sounds like a fun project!

Proud Marine Parent 03-20-2008 03:03 PM

Yeah It Will Be For Me!! He Gets To Bark The Orders I Get To Arrange All The Work LOL. It Will Be Well Worth It!! I Really Need A Game Plan Of Sorts We Are Looking At About A $1,000 A Month In Upgrades After The Purchase Of The Supercharger, We Just Need To Decide Which 1 To Go With And Where To Go From There, So I Don't Get Something Done Just To Remove It To Put Another Performance Part On, Will The Stock Block Hold The 500+HP Or Is There Things In The Lower End That Will Need To Be Beefed Up For The Added HP Or Is The Stock Rotating Assembly Capable!!! Also I Think The Clutch And Tranny Might Need To Be Updated So Its All Questions Till We Figure Out Where To Start!!
Thank You
Jeff

08Steeda 03-20-2008 03:10 PM

Great Project!!!

Congratulations for your son! We are proud of him too for serving!!!!! I will add him to my prayer list!!!

Anyways, I live in the Detroit Metro Area as well and I hadmy 2008 Mustang GTSteeda-ized. They have great suspension and traction control mod's available. They also have some kit's. The work could actually be done by Steeda themselves. I can put you in touch with the Michigan Rep. They have a shop (unpublished) in Riverview, MI.

Check thier web site out!

www.steeda.com

MexGT 03-20-2008 03:22 PM

GL with the project :)

Derf00 03-20-2008 03:27 PM

Good project!

If you're looking to do it from the ground up the right way, start with suspension mods. A goodchassis is always important when starting a build with such a high HP goal. Then start on the Engine from the inside out.

Also if you're looking for a DD at 500+ HP I would recommend getting forged internals (Crank, rods, and supporting bearings and piston heads). I would do this before the Supercharger and supporting accessories are installed so you can put all the boost you want/need from the git go and not keep taking it back to the Dyno to update all the changes you make every time you make them. You can probably get away without getting forged internals but if you want to be able to beat the car up on the track and still drive it home I would recommend doing it right the first time. A good tune is always important but nothing can make up for lack of a decent platform to start with.

SCCAGT 03-20-2008 03:29 PM

Tell him thanks for standing up for our country, and I hope he make sit back without a scratch.
There is plenty of info on this site about what to do to achieve any goal you are looking for. Just keep hitting the "next page" button below and look at all the topics that interest you, or search for specific keywords.

But, to get over 500rwhp, forced induction is necessary, and a forged lower end is necessary to keep it all intact for the long haul. You can hit 500rwhp in stock form, but the party wont last long.

I know your probably looking for specific answers, but just start following this forum and you will learn ALL there is to know about what to do, and, what to avoid.

Argonaut 03-20-2008 03:39 PM

+1 - thanks to you and your son for protecting us all. Always glad to hear from a patriotic family.

There are several folks on this forum with the knowledge to advise you on this, far better knowledge than I have. But...my 2 cents: Getting to 500 RWHP is going to take forged internals else you risk blowing the motor, so you are talking a lot of money (ex: stroker kit plus supercharger plus labor, etc). If you can settle for around 430 RWHP you will be able to do it much cheaper, there are several superchargers that will get you there with much lower risk to the rods, etc.

Regards the handling - big improvements can be made with a few parts: sticky tires, lowering springs, good dampers. Lots of other stuff available but those are the biggies. You can check out the "Handling" section below this one and see lots of discussions on this subject.

mdg 03-20-2008 03:50 PM

Good luck with the project. Semper Fi!

Sgt. USMC 1984-1992