Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Got Blown!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Got Blown!!!

ORIGINAL: SD05GT

You know what, I did see that car. At ST Motorsports right? It was out in the parking lot. I was standing there admiring your blue stripes (vista or sonic blue?) and your wheels. Your wheels are GT40 wheels right? Car is badass. I'm not sure about the motor being in it or not thou...
Well, if it's in the parking lot it probably doesn't have the motor in it yet. I think they are waiting for a clutch disc. I should probably call him this morning.

The stripes are Sonic blue from the 03/04 Cobras which different than the S197 sonic blue. It has a little bit of pearl and metallic added into the paint. Pictures just don't seem to show off the color like looks in person.

You are correct, Ford GT wheels.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Thank you for putting it into better perspective Crazy! The KB feels so awesome. The Cars should have came like this from factory! Oh yeah, stock suspension and wheels/tires actaully feel much better than I thought they would. I thought I would be in trouble, but it feels great. Probably do a Spec 2+ next.
Search around on the 2+ before you go that route. Lots of guys with problems. The stage 3 seems to be good though.

There are some that have had zero issues, but so many with shifting problems it's strange.

PM Sactown and he will give an ear full.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:10 PM
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah the cars amazing. After seeing yours, I added blue stripes, a roush wing, and those wheels to my wishlist! lol. So what clutch do you recommend. lets just say 450 torque to be safe...
Old 07-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Congrats! Thanks for shooting me an email, I always appreciate hearing other guys' forced induction stories. As for the clutch, I have the SPEC II, and it bites hard and holds all the way through the RPMs, but it chatters at low RPMs in higher gears. If I had to do it over again, I'd go with a McLeod twin disc.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:25 PM
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah No problem nineinch. Thank you for all the help along the way. Oh and i'll definitely do my homework before I buy a clutch. I'll look into the Mcleod!
Old 07-06-2008, 02:59 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Yeah the cars amazing. After seeing yours, I added blue stripes, a roush wing, and those wheels to my wishlist! lol. So what clutch do you recommend. lets just say 450 torque to be safe...
I put in an RPS street/strip package rated @ 600 tq. They have unique and probably the best flywheel available (I'll be selling my flywheel shortly due to new crank). No chattering, noises, shifting problems or slipping. Pedal pressure is more than stock but I don't care about that.

turboclutch.com is their website.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:57 AM
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

is it just me or do they want 2200$ for a clutch?
Old 07-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

is it just me or do they want 2200$ for a clutch?
I beleive that is their twin disc ceramic version that is the ferrari of clutches. My entire package (pressure plate, flywheel and clutch disc was $995). It's pricey, but very high quality. I was on their website the other day and it's changed since I got the clutch done. I can't locate the kit I have. I called and spoke to them and they have the same stuff, it just wasn't listed. Check the flywheel out, it's called a Cyn-R-Gy flywheel. I could be offon the spelling.

If you send them an email they respond fairly quickly and the person I spoke to, Jerry (female) seemed knowledgeable and friendly.

I priced out a replacement flywheel for an 8 bolt crank instead of a 6 bolt and it was $495 from RPS. It's billet and rebuildable for the life of the flywheel and it won't warp if overheated (more resistant atleast) but I got a fidanza flywheel for $300 instead (still rebuildable, but very different than the RPS). It you want tobuy my flywheel I'll sell it to you when I get my car back.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:56 PM
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah just let me know bro. So what do you think the pressure plate and clutch would run me? yeah 995$ is a lot better than 2295$ or whatever I saw. I don't know why they don't list the package you got. They would get a lot more business.....
Old 07-06-2008, 04:58 PM
SD05GT
3rd Gear Member

How wide are your stripes???? Some guy quoted me 600$ for painted stripes & Pinstripes... He was sanding it down, and putting coats of clearcoat over it. He said there would be no rise. He also showed me mustangs he painted that made it into magazines...

Quick Reply: Got Blown!!!