Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

All 3 FRPP packs on a GT? Anyone know the end result?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Steves07GT

Default All 3 FRPP packs on a GT? Anyone know the end result?

Hi I'm new to the forum and FINALLY got myself a S197- '07 GT HP White California Special. She's waitin for me back in the states for when i get back from this deployment. I've got a question: Has anyone put all 3 FRPP performance packs (excluding the superpack) on an otherwise stock GT 5 speed? What about FRPP's x-pipe? Do they offer an off-road version? I can't find any examples anywhere, was hoping you all could help. The packs seem like a good move to me, i know probably not the most power producing out there but they keep the warrantee yada yada... any examples or help is much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-17-2009, 02:43 AM
kidnizmo
2nd Gear Member

ford (frpp) claims a 20hp gain with the intake, axleback, procal and i think ther frpp " super duper racing oil filter" wink wink! they also claim 20hp with just the intake and procal tuner. meaning axles bakcs dont do anything for power on these cars. also those kits are all require premium fuel. they also have a drag packs with gears and/or shorty headers as well.
Hey dont believe the hype, these items must be installed at a ford dealer for no warranty issues. gains are absolutley mild, considering that parts are equal or more costly then other aftermarket bolt ons that out perform them. But in my opinion if your major concern is no warranty issues (and i dont blame you) then frpp is certainly a good alternative.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:57 AM
funtimesalways
3rd Gear Member

being a shelby gt, i got the fr3 suspension kit with hurst and the intake/exhaust kit. it feels quicker than a stock gt, but also 3.55 in the rear as well. i am still not impressed by this setup alone. i am certain there are bigger gains by going with c&l, diablosport, ect. on my 16 month deployment to Taji, iraq i ordered the E kit from rpmoutlet.com many will tell you in this forum to stay away from rpmoutlet but i had no problems with them. if you insist on keeping the ford name on parts go for it but im not too excited about the lineup. not to mention that procal tool they give you to load with it, is imo a joke and it "locks" your computer. keep us posted on what you decide
Old 01-22-2009, 05:06 PM
Steves07GT

That was the feeling i got, nice to keep the Ford name on everything but the juice isn't worth the squeeze. What's up with C&L, have they released that intake manifold they've been advertising for months yet? I'm thinking breathe in with C&L, breathe out with Dynomax... 5.0 mustang and super fords had a small article a few months back where a guy with a CAI, off road x-pipe, after cat and tune put down a little over 300 at the wheels. sounds good to me.