Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!
Old 10-22-2015, 06:59 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

AC/Heater fan not working...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 09:49 PM
bl817
3rd Gear Member

have you recently had the stereo out, or any work requiring the trim panel to come off?not putting the plugs back in fully seated will cause the controls not to work. pass side has a grey slide clip that needs rotated up to fully seat that plug, or it was rotated up prior to seating and isn't making connection. the grey slide clip has a small lock (on top of plug IIRC) that needs disengaged to rotate down so plug can be removed. drivers side is just massive clip. good luck
Old 09-16-2019, 09:29 AM
Shawn M Wilkins Jr

So I have been having the same problem with my 08 GT/CS. Everything just quits blowing or it works and then the next time I get in the car it does not. First I replaced the resistor and it worked for a few days and then quit again. So I replaced the fan motor and a new resistor and it only worked for a day and then quit again.

This does not seem to be a fuse as it would normally blow and not work again. Could this be the actual fan selector switch or I am open to any other ideas. It is going to be 99 again today and that is dang hot even with the windows down!

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-16-2019, 11:02 AM
Warpony4.0

Default Fixed it

So i pulled my stereo out and the connection that connects to the compressor was not in all the way so no solid connection now my air is running good i do have to have the ac air extracted so flushed and recharged. I had went through a lot of work to figure this out and once i figured this out i was pissed and thinking why didnt i do this first.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:03 PM
bl817
3rd Gear Member

Damn, you've been working on that issue a while lol. glad you got it sorted out, good luck
Old 08-10-2020, 01:19 PM
SuperBobby

Default cabin fan has no power

Originally Posted by ski
It can be the cause in some cases, but not with the OP's fan. The reason is because the OP stated that the fan did not work in any of the speed settings(1-4), and the current does not pass thru the blower motor resistor assembly to the fan motor in the highest speed setting(4) according to the electrical schematic.
It's been years since this thread was active but my cabin fan doesn't turn on, I've probed the fan for power. No power. Checked power to resistor, no power to the plug. Took off the dash and probed the fan speed dial power plug, no power there either.
I've checked fuse 10 and 12 by the passenger foot well, I've swapped the relay (32) and still nothing.

So, I'm guessing there's some other wiring issue but don't know where to look. All help appreciated.
Old 10-12-2020, 04:32 AM
boecherer

Originally Posted by SuperBobby
It's been years since this thread was active but my cabin fan doesn't turn on, I've probed the fan for power. No power. Checked power to resistor, no power to the plug. Took off the dash and probed the fan speed dial power plug, no power there either.
I've checked fuse 10 and 12 by the passenger foot well, I've swapped the relay (32) and still nothing.

So, I'm guessing there's some other wiring issue but don't know where to look. All help appreciated.
I've had a similar problem. I swapped the resistor and it did it again so I put the original back. I swapped relays and it works for a bit and then stopped so I put the originals back in. I then found that "messing" with the fuse box seemed to make a difference. When the fan was in the ON position (1-4) I could tap on the fire box and it would start working again. It would last for a while and then stop. At one point it lasted for months and then acted up again. So I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the fuse box connections. The whole box can be unscrewed from the top and removed to an extent. I haven't completely removed it, but that's my next step. Get to the connectors on the bottom and see if they are lose or corroded, etc. In my case at least I'm pretty sure that's it since messing with the fuse box would get it running again.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:27 AM
SuperBobby

Originally Posted by boecherer
I've had a similar problem. I swapped the resistor and it did it again so I put the original back. I swapped relays and it works for a bit and then stopped so I put the originals back in. I then found that "messing" with the fuse box seemed to make a difference. When the fan was in the ON position (1-4) I could tap on the fire box and it would start working again. It would last for a while and then stop. At one point it lasted for months and then acted up again. So I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the fuse box connections. The whole box can be unscrewed from the top and removed to an extent. I haven't completely removed it, but that's my next step. Get to the connectors on the bottom and see if they are lose or corroded, etc. In my case at least I'm pretty sure that's it since messing with the fuse box would get it running again.
I fixed it. inside fuse box fuse #3 controls wipers and internal fan. As soon as I replaced it everything worked fine. Thanks for your help. I can't believe it was so simple but it all comes down to looking in the right place.
Old 10-12-2020, 04:55 PM
boecherer

Originally Posted by SuperBobby
I fixed it. inside fuse box fuse #3 controls wipers and internal fan. As soon as I replaced it everything worked fine. Thanks for your help. I can't believe it was so simple but it all comes down to looking in the right place.
Good to hear you got it working. I know my wipers work so it's not a fuse for me. The fact that I can jiggle the fuse box for my issues seems to indicate it's just a loose connection. Just yesterday I turned it on and it worked for 5 seconds and then probably from the bumps in the road, it turned off again. I'll be sure to update here once I check the fuse box connections.
Old 08-15-2022, 09:43 PM
That_Griffinboy7

Originally Posted by pharmd2010
Got it fixed. It was just a fuse. Thanks though!

Hey which fuse was it?
Old 08-15-2022, 09:44 PM
That_Griffinboy7

Originally Posted by That_Griffinboy7
Hey which fuse was it?

nvm sorry lol I see now

Quick Reply: AC/Heater fan not working...