Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Sneak Time...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 01:50 AM
1BADHRSE
1st Gear Member

Default Sneak Time...

Hey been lurking a little while but decided to post up over here to keep info from getting to anyone of my buddies...
Heres the deal guys Just bought a Nitro Dave Nitrous kit meant for our cars... An am putting together the rest of the kit right now, So Far this is what I have...

1. Black 10lb bottle with high flow 90 degree valve.
2. Stainless steel quick release style bottle brackets.
3. Solenoids rated up to 200 hp.
4. 1/16 wet nozzle
5. 1/16 nozzle adapter
6. Jetting up to 150 Hp.
7. 16ft main feed hose.
8. 2ft supply hoses to nozzle
9. Relay with harness
10. WOT. switch and bracket.
11. Bottle nut.
12. Bottle nipple.
13. Universal solenoid brackets.
14. Solenoid fittings.
15. Wire.
16. Hardware pack.
17. Electrical pack.

I plan on buying the HSW MicroEdge (http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/product.php?productid=1) to control the window switch and for fail safes.... Does anybody else run this???

I am going to hide everything... I am taking out my Spare tire and hiding the Bottle there, tucking all the wires and hoses... What is the best way to hide under hood???

My question is that is it better to run the braided hoses through the cabin, or can I go out and under the car tucking it by the fuel lines or in my side skirt???
Does anyone know someone selling a Plugs, Bottle Opener, Dual Purge, Or Heater???

My Mods are C&L Racer, Ford Hot Rod Cams, CMDPs, UDPS, Mac lts, Mac prochamber, side pipes, 4:10 gears, then BMR Relo brackets, Lcas, Adj Panhard bar and eibach pro kit..

Any advice would be nice...
Old 06-14-2009, 09:11 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

sounds like a nice project, hopefully
someone can help you with the
questions
Old 06-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

[QUOTE=1BADHRSE;6278381]

I am going to hide everything... I am taking out my Spare tire and hiding the Bottle there, tucking all the wires and hoses... What is the best way to hide under hood???

My question is that is it better to run the braided hoses through the cabin, or can I go out and under the car tucking it by the fuel lines or in my side skirt???
QUOTE]

You can the hose directly from the trunk under the car and through the side skirt where the fuel lines run. From there you can go up into the driver side fender well and up into the engine compartment.

If you are trying to hide the solanoids and rest of the kit it will take some ingenuity and time. I would suggest the left front fender area between the bumper and the left front tire. My only thought about hiding the stufflike this is when it comes time to fix something, it will be a pain in the *** to get at it.

You will also have some wiring you need to hide.

Buy new plugs and keep some money set aside for some tuning. I would run a 100 shot. With a CAI, 4.10's, DRs, suspension mods and a 75 shot I ran 12.4. You should be able to get down there is you care to.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:27 PM
1BADHRSE
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by hammeron
sounds like a nice project, hopefully
someone can help you with the
questions
Thanks man... Looking to suprise a few this summer...

Originally Posted by Simon1
You can the hose directly from the trunk under the car and through the side skirt where the fuel lines run. From there you can go up into the driver side fender well and up into the engine compartment.

If you are trying to hide the solanoids and rest of the kit it will take some ingenuity and time. I would suggest the left front fender area between the bumper and the left front tire. My only thought about hiding the stufflike this is when it comes time to fix something, it will be a pain in the *** to get at it.

You will also have some wiring you need to hide.

Buy new plugs and keep some money set aside for some tuning. I would run a 100 shot. With a CAI, 4.10's, DRs, suspension mods and a 75 shot I ran 12.4. You should be able to get down there is you care to.

I am going to take my time withe the install.. I am going to be installing my line lock at the same time so I will be sick of solinoids by the time I am done...
When you say the left side do you mean the drivers side...
I am surely going to get a tune, just to be safe with the cams and all...
Anyone have any experience with the HSW MicroEdge??