Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

BBK throttle body voltage help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 10:06 AM
explict
4th Gear Member

This BBK TB seems to be an often argued topic. I have heard good and bad things about it. I only know one person with one and he has some pretty bad problems with it, he said he is going to install the factory TB and see what happens.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:51 PM
stl4life101

So my stock TB went out last week and I am having ford put a new BBK 62mm TB in. Everything should be fine with them putting it in right? I hope I don't need another tune?
Old 09-12-2010, 06:25 PM
bigmike06gt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rob72
I'm taking your side Raredesign. I'm very happy with my BBK tb. I did everything that the instructions said and ran into no pcm problems. The instructions said not to worry about checking voltage unless a code is flashed. That was last year and still no problems. And comparing any mods with fi to any that are with a na motor is like comparing apples to oranges.
Trust me you should have checked the voltage before and after even without any codes being flashed. I got stranded in the middle of a very busy highway last year when my Throttle position sensor motor fried(according to Ford due to the voltage not being adjusted correctly). I had had the BBK in the car for just under a year. Cost me $1000 bucks cause you cannot buy the motor seperate, only as a whole throttle body, then the labor of diagnostics, install and everything. Made for a very expensive holiday. I still plan on putting my BBK throttle body back in but this time will be checking the voltage and everything else very carefully.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:50 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

The trick is getting the clockspring installed properly to prevent problems.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:09 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by Rob72
I'm taking your side Raredesign. I'm very happy with my BBK tb. I did everything that the instructions said and ran into no pcm problems. The instructions said not to worry about checking voltage unless a code is flashed. That was last year and still no problems. And comparing any mods with fi to any that are with a na motor is like comparing apples to oranges.
One more point that BBK is not the company I want to be dealing with.
Wonder what else they dont worry about unless there is a problem
(customers are the problem finders in that case)....

"Dont check the gear mesh on that ring/pinion change unless
there is a problem with noise..."
"Dont check the oil filter for leaks after replacing it unless
there is an oil puddle under your car"...
"Put the fuel line/filter shield back on and drive around.
If you smell gas, check for leaks. If it is
hot, check for fuel fire."
Dont worry, be happy (and broker)...
Old 01-03-2011, 12:07 PM
raredesign
2nd Gear Member

I just wanted to let everyone know how things have been working out. I have not had any trouble with the TB thus far, and now have a CAI and bama tune. I am planning on putting in some FRPP hot rod cams soon...hopefully.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Murdered_Stang

@raredesign i want to steal your bumper it looks sweet on your car with that hood scoop, nice looking ride. I just had ***** thumpr cams installed on my mustang and boy does it sound awesome so take a look at those if you havn't. ill attach a video link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcAU-qwozUs
Old 03-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Mickson

hey rare, what did you do man I recently installed a twin 62 on my 06. It's been nothing but trouble. No matter how much adjusting I do my car idles at 1000 rpm. It also seems to be getting stuck. for example, at 40 mph in fourth gear, my car rides at a constant 2000 rpm. I'm sucking gas, and it's not good. HELP PLEASE
Old 03-19-2012, 11:56 AM
lawrencecar1
2nd Gear Member

i installed the bbk recently on my 07. The idle would continuously fluctuate. I ended up returning it and got a oem port and polished TB, Much better..
Old 03-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Mickson

Fixed it. Let me tell you how:

Step 1: Remove BBK throttle body

Step 2: Return BBK throttle body

Step 3: Replace with stock throttle body

Step 4: Instal JLT CAI, tune, and move towards cams and headers.

Step 5: profit

Quick Reply: BBK throttle body voltage help needed!