Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Ordering my Roushcharger R90 kit tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 07:22 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Default Ordering my Roushcharger R90 kit tomorrow!

Well after lots of arguing, phone calls, and time spent talking with every FRPP and roush dealer in my part of Texas, i am ordering the Roush R90 kit tomorrow. Thanks to Wilki for turing me onto Yates performance, best price i have found. the only reason i didn't order it tonight was that they have a place for a discount code, that means to me they have more discounts somewhere! Lol, calling and hitting them up for a better price tomorrow. i am so excited, wanted a blown stang since I was 12! anyone know a price better than 4299 for the full 2010 kit please speak up. Thanks for all the help guys!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:52 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by ShaneM
Well after lots of arguing, phone calls, and time spent talking with every FRPP and roush dealer in my part of Texas, i am ordering the Roush R90 kit tomorrow. Thanks to Wilki for turing me onto Yates performance, best price i have found. the only reason i didn't order it tonight was that they have a place for a discount code, that means to me they have more discounts somewhere! Lol, calling and hitting them up for a better price tomorrow. i am so excited, wanted a blown stang since I was 12! anyone know a price better than 4299 for the full 2010 kit please speak up. Thanks for all the help guys!
I might be next..let me know about the promo code!!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:57 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

That's a great price ... any reason you aren't going with the R2300?
Old 03-25-2010, 07:57 PM
dominant1
3rd Gear Member

you gonna upgrade your clutch, or wait for that?...the reason why i ask is i'm aware the stock clutch can hold up to 450 ft of torque but i'm not certain how long it can keep holding when your constantly at its limit..I like the fact that ford engineered our tranny to more then handle the stock engine torque, and i know that before I get My Edelbrock super charger i'm upgrading to a clutch that can handle upward of 650 ft pounds of torque..power is addicting...lol
Old 03-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Galactic
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dominant1
you gonna upgrade your clutch, or wait for that?...the reason why i ask is i'm aware the stock clutch can hold up to 450 ft of torque but i'm not certain how long it can keep holding when your constantly at its limit..I like the fact that ford engineered our tranny to more then handle the stock engine torque, and i know that before I get My Edelbrock super charger i'm upgrading to a clutch that can handle upward of 650 ft pounds of torque..power is addicting...lol
The s/c he's getting only puts out 435hp/400tq so he's within limits
Old 03-25-2010, 09:12 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dominant1
No i'm not the roush guy i talked to at Roush says that eh charger is specifically designed for operation with the car just like it is. that said, i did burn the clutch out of a 427r with the same charger that only had 240 mile son it earlier this week on a ride with the salesman at the dealer. Granted i believe all 240 miles of that cars life had been very, very hard. it was on its second set of tires apparently. clutch gave up on the second WOT run on that car.

As for the reason i didn;t decide on the larger Roush charger, it is because of the warranty. i want the full factory warranty just in case the clutch takes a dump or any other part of the motor. And the dealer's speed shop where i bought the car gave me a wink and a nudge the other day, told me they could hit 450 with the kit and a safe tune and roush didn;t have to know i didn;t use their tune. Basically send my pcm in to get the roush tune to make good on the warranty, then get a SCT and a custom tune, if i ever need service just go back to te stock, which would be the roush tune. all that siadm the 427r was a super fun car to drive just as it sat. That is what i am after more than a 10 second 1/4 mile beast. At least today anyhow. I'll let you know on the discount code Wilki.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:20 PM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

6 counting your second comment!

i am going to start a thread talking about ordering the R90. see how many comments it takes before someone says it's junk get a whipple.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:21 PM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

Just funnin you know!
Old 03-26-2010, 03:17 AM
Rollin Thunder
2nd Gear Member

with the r-90 kit does this include everything? like an intercooler? Also does it maintain the 5 year 60k powertrain? with the deal I can get on a 10' even an extra 5k on an SC still puts me ahead of ordering a 5.0, and It can be in my driveway next week!
Old 03-26-2010, 06:42 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rollin Thunder
with the r-90 kit does this include everything? like an intercooler? Also does it maintain the 5 year 60k powertrain? with the deal I can get on a 10' even an extra 5k on an SC still puts me ahead of ordering a 5.0, and It can be in my driveway next week!
In all honesty i am not sure about the 6/60. i know as long as you use the kit just as it sits with the roush program the 3/36 is fine and dandy. The kit is intercooled and complete at that price. it doesn't require a fuel pump or a BAP, it is designed for the stock pump. There are hoards of roush stangs on the road using it and the roush tune so it is obviously safe. it does come with the larger injectors and everything you need. You don't even have to buy a supplemental kit for the 10's.

The reason i bought a ten is exactly what you said. I mentioned in another thread around here that the roush guy at my dealer told me the rep said they are having some seriouss problems with FI and the 6spd on the new cars as in the tranny can't take boost. I'm very happy with my 10, my suggestion is go to a local roush dealer, take a 427r for a spin. The blower kind of sells itself after a drive. The 51K sticker on those cars is insane considering its a box stock GT with a brake kit, r90 blower, and stage 3 suspension that i can add total for under 10K. it did have the cool seats and roush body though. But those parts are cheap enough if that's the route you want to go.

Quick Reply: Ordering my Roushcharger R90 kit tomorrow!