Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

2007 gt issues!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 10:01 AM
rebel_logan

Default 2007 gt issues!

well i have had my 2007 mustang gt for about 6 months and so far i have had to replace o2 sensors, fuel pump and battery! whats the deal? i just got the fuel pump fixed two weeks ago and they said that and the o2 was causing the car to bog down well my battery was dead yester day and i replaced it and this morning after a full warm up i kept idleing way down and almost dieing then when i left if bogged down bad in first the took off like crazy??? what do you think it is?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Mileage? Mods? MIL codes? Last time the fuel filter was changed?
Old 01-12-2011, 10:21 AM
rebel_logan

it has 50000 miles and it has a steeda cai and exause it is throwing a cel because of the exaust... fuel pump was changed two weeks ago and i kinda figured if the fuel filter needed it that they would have changed that too... but idk when it was last changed i bought it about 6 months ago
Old 01-12-2011, 11:09 AM
dysan
2nd Gear Member

When you disconnect your battery the car has to go through an idle and fuel trim re-learn process. It's documented in your manual how to do it.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rebel_logan
well i have had my 2007 mustang gt for about 6 months and so far i have had to replace o2 sensors, fuel pump and battery! whats the deal? i just got the fuel pump fixed two weeks ago and they said that and the o2 was causing the car to bog down well my battery was dead yester day and i replaced it and this morning after a full warm up i kept idleing way down and almost dieing then when i left if bogged down bad in first the took off like crazy??? what do you think it is?

We need more info.
  1. The STeeda CAI requires a tune or you'll damage the engine from running lean and throwing a CEL. Did the previous owner have a tune?
  2. There's a TSB for the fuel pump causing hesitation after continuous cruising due to air bubble accumulation. If you're out of warranty, it's out of your pocket. When you say bogged down, do you mean you tried to go WOT from a dig or a roll and it just sat there for a few moments? THAT could be due to TCS. Turn off TCS and see if it happens again.
  3. The S197's are known for excessive battery drain, crappy OE batteries and alternator (charging) issues.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:12 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Nuke covered it. #1 could be a big issue.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:16 PM
rebel_logan

well i bought the car with the steeda cai and they said it was all fine and working properly.. so it doesnt have a tune as far as i know and what kind of engine damage are we talking because i cant afford a new tune or a stock intake so im kinda stuck with what i got..

what i mean by bog down is when i push in on the gas there is ahesitation and it sounds like its working extremely hard but not doing anything... it can happen when i am crusing in town in a low gear or on highway in 5th.. it even happend while cruz controle was set..
Old 01-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I'd say your CAI DOES need a tune. Who said it was working fine? The previous owner or the place you bought it from? Most used car dealers wouldn't know a performance part if it dropped on their foot with a label attached that said "Performance Part".
Old 01-12-2011, 02:28 PM
rebel_logan

the dealership said that it was running and working fine when i bought it
Old 01-12-2011, 06:46 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Did I miss something? Did you not say the CEL is on? That's why it's running like crap.... fix the problem. The "exhaust" CEL code you're getting is most likely due to the fact you have a Steeda cai with no tune!!!

Quick Reply: 2007 gt issues!