Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

The FRPP 3V intake manifold.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 02:34 AM
mark_byers39
1st Gear Member

Default The FRPP 3V intake manifold.....

I'm about to order my cams and long tube headers here in the next couple of weeks and was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the FRPP 3V intake manifold. I know by itself it won't do much but my engine guy and I both think it would help with the cams. Anybody used it yet or know anyone who has?
Old 03-25-2011, 03:51 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I have read some things on various sites. Not much of it was great stuff. Just bolt on a SC.......seriously the m90 sale is the best deal out there right now.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:00 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

I would definitly consider the FRPP intake over the C&L aftermarket intake, considering it's 1/2 the weight, cheaper, and looks better. Only thing I'd be weary of over time is "the black lung"...

[youtube]sQfRbIxUPLE&feature=related[/youtube]
Old 03-25-2011, 08:03 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

I haven't done much research into it myself. What the best thing to do is contact the cam manufacturers you're considering and ask them if there will be an effect going from the stock 14" runners to the short 9"
Old 03-26-2011, 12:42 AM
mark_byers39
1st Gear Member

Appreciate all the opinions guys. While I'd love to have a supercharger it's a little out of my price range at this point. I was hoping someone might have some experience with this intake but since no one seems to have it I'll just have to go with my gut and see if does benefit my setup. Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep all of you posted on the results.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:19 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Looking forward to those results.. it should be a very potent combo. I plan on running this same set up (minus the LTs) on my FI set up. It's supposed to gain a ton of power on FI, granted if you have a centri or turbo set up.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:59 PM
madmann26
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mark_byers39
Appreciate all the opinions guys. While I'd love to have a supercharger it's a little out of my price range at this point. I was hoping someone might have some experience with this intake but since no one seems to have it I'll just have to go with my gut and see if does benefit my setup. Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep all of you posted on the results.
I am completely happy with mine,

If you want to hear my car in person, shoot me a pm.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:17 PM
GRABBER GT
1st Gear Member

I installed a frpp intake on my 08 because it was only a bit more than a set of quality delete plates. I never got to dyno it NA but with C&L racer intake, Bamatune, Dynatech long tubes and hot rod cams the car would pull 113mph in the quarter.
On a side note when I added the Procharger, VMP easily tuned the car to 505rwhp.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:40 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GRABBER GT
I installed a frpp intake on my 08 because it was only a bit more than a set of quality delete plates. I never got to dyno it NA but with C&L racer intake, Bamatune, Dynatech long tubes and hot rod cams the car would pull 113mph in the quarter.
On a side note when I added the Procharger, VMP easily tuned the car to 505rwhp.
How much would you say the FRPP intake manifld/hot rod cams would gain on an NA car and on a FI boosted car w/10 psi?
Old 03-28-2011, 04:07 PM
mark_byers39
1st Gear Member

I'll probably get the intake after I get my cams and all installed. That's the plan at the moment. I'm glad to see some feedback on this thing finally though, definitely makes me feel better about the chances with it.

Quick Reply: The FRPP 3V intake manifold.....