Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Intake Manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 12:24 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

For that manifold to make any power you need some high lift camshafts and to run the motor at 7,000 RPM for peak power N/A I don't recommend it at all. However if you have a turbo or centrifugal style charger then it can make some nice horsepower across the entire rpm range.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:25 PM
wetwille3
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlackGT45th
From what I've read on the forums the dealer can't deny warranty coverage unless the problem can be directly attributed to an aftermarket part, and I also read that if the dealer does the install and something goes wrong the dealer is required to honor the warranty don't know if it applies to just Ford or frpp equipment though. Not 100% sure about the dealer install part but I know they have to prove the aftermarket part caused the problem to void warranty.
Ive talked to the dealership multiple times, and personally know the main mechanic. He says what every aftermarket mod i put on, i must take off before coming back. So i can't get LTs, cams...Thats why I'm looking into this for a title hp gain
Old 12-04-2011, 02:20 PM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wetwille3
Ive talked to the dealership multiple times, and personally know the main mechanic. He says what every aftermarket mod i put on, i must take off before coming back. So i can't get LTs, cams...Thats why I'm looking into this for a title hp gain
I think theres more than a few MFers that would take issue with that dealership. Due to the passing of the Magnuson-Moss Act of 1975 a dealership can not deny warranty coverage unless said aftermarket part is the source of the problem. If the aftermarket part is made by and installed by the warrantor the warranty then covers it even if it is the source of the problem. If you use the Frpp manifold its covered and cams would be too if they are the Frpp Hotrods because Ford manufactures them. Any other aftermarket part wont affect coverage unless its the cause of the damage.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:14 PM
wetwille3
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlackGT45th
I think theres more than a few MFers that would take issue with that dealership. Due to the passing of the Magnuson-Moss Act of 1975 a dealership can not deny warranty coverage unless said aftermarket part is the source of the problem. If the aftermarket part is made by and installed by the warrantor the warranty then covers it even if it is the source of the problem. If you use the Frpp manifold its covered and cams would be too if they are the Frpp Hotrods because Ford manufactures them. Any other aftermarket part wont affect coverage unless its the cause of the damage.
Thats what I thought exactly, but after talking to the mechanic he said any aftermarket part on the car will automatically void the warranty. He said take the car back to stock completely before coming in, because if there is an aftermarket part it will go on record, thus voiding my warranty for the future.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:24 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

That mechanic is wrong. It may be their policy that they say that but they can't deny you coverage unless again, it is the exact cause of the damage. Exhaust components also do not void warranties, LT's are fine.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:25 PM
wetwille3
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JCON
That mechanic is wrong. It may be their policy that they say that but they can't deny you coverage unless again, it is the exact cause of the damage. Exhaust components also do not void warranties, LT's are fine.
I was wanting LTs and he said my corsa X pipe and axle back will not void warranty, but LTs will.
Also if there is damage they will find a way to blame it on the aftermarket part.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:27 PM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JCON
+1 I think it may just be their policy. Unfortunately for them their policy is against the law.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:31 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wetwille3
I was wanting LTs and he said my corsa X pipe and axle back will not void warranty, but LTs will.
Also if there is damage they will find a way to blame it on the aftermarket part.
Make sure you get a good installer. There are plenty of reputable speed shops in Texas. Make sure you check around and ask if they have installed long tube headers on an S197. If they say, " yeah we can do that" go find another shop who will say, "yes we have."

I would print out a copy of the above act, take it to the service manager and ask him what he thinks of it. Before he tells you he's not reading it tell him its law now... and then find another dealership, because they will probably be in no hurry to help you now.

As for the damage, they have to prove its related, other than just saying it is. You do not have the burden of proof.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:46 PM
wetwille3
2nd Gear Member

it may be their policy. I guess ill go talk to them again and try to straighten it out. I initially wanted LTs but couldn't due to this.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:53 AM
DPHC13
1st Gear Member

if you have a problem with your front sway bar and the dealer denies your warrantee because you have a cold air intake I would say you have a case. But, fighting with a dealer EVEN when you right is a pain in the ***. If it were me I would stick with simple mods that you can remove. You might be in the right when it comes to warrantee work but that doesn't mean that they aren't going to give you a fight. Just my .02

Quick Reply: Intake Manifold?