Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Stuttering...

Old 08-14-2012, 02:32 AM
BlackWidowStang

Default Stuttering...

Long story short, about a month ago the car was stuttering and idling badly. My TB went bad so I got it replaced.

The problem was gone after that. Yesterday, felt like while driving the car it was stuttering again. Doesn't happen often but I think I can notice it.

No codes were coming up in the tuner like they did before to show I had a faulty TB.

I cleaned the TB and MAF sensor today and I can still feel the stutter while driving.

The only way I can describe how it feels is the same effect/feeling you get when driving through rain and hitting a deep puddle thus slowing the car down.

What else could it be? I am putting in a new TB and 4.10s sometime next week, since I am stumped, I figured I'd let my shop have a go and check thoroughly for me.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:08 AM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Any other symptoms? When you replaced the TB did you replace the throttle position sensor? Can you shoot a video of it doing it and post it? Have you at any time reloaded your tune? Also is your filter dirty? What are the weather conditions when it happens?

Check all hoses and make sure the are connected as well as all plugs.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:39 PM
BlackWidowStang

I had a new TPS put it also when I got it replaced. I ordered a new filter for my CAI to see if that is the problem.

Search this Thread