Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 10:05 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/user/finner87

I have uploaded a few exhaust videos here.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:58 AM
brandonfoursix

Yeah americanmuscle has all the best deals for tuner/CAI combo kits. The flowmaster american thunder 60 series axle back mufflers sound good to me and i've been thinking about upgrading to them myself.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:58 AM
TheStigSC
2nd Gear Member

Just get the CAI/Tuner kit. You wont be able to afford both that and an exhaust for under $1000 unless maybe you go with an axle back exhaust (mufflers). But the CAI/Tuner are much more beneficial.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:00 PM
hootie_john
2nd Gear Member

You can get a CAI/tuner combo from AM with their "tunes for life" program, where they upgrade your tunes as you add more parts. With what you have left, you can add a set of axle-back mufflers and come in under $1000 (depending on your muffler choice). No real performance gain to be had from a cat-back system with these cars, the stock exhaust flows very well for lightly modified cars. The only benefit will be the sound, which sounds like what you are after. This will likely get you the sound you want. If you want more volume, you'll have to shell out a few more bucks and go with an off-road X/H pipe and headers.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:21 AM
brandonfoursix

I personally think the factory exhuast sounds good except for idle sound. But the after market axle backs probably don't add much to idle sound either. Maybe a small amount.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:44 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by brandonfoursix
I personally think the factory exhuast sounds good except for idle sound. But the after market axle backs probably don't add much to idle sound either. Maybe a small amount.
I don't necessarily agree. After market does add deeper tone at idle and sounds a lot better IMO than stock GT mufflers.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:51 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JCON
...After market does add deeper tone at idle and sounds a lot better IMO than stock GT mufflers.