Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

05 -07 GT Exhaust Systems

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 11:54 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: 05/06 GT Exhaust Systems

Sure, it's called Borla with a different name stamped on them. To hear them is to love them.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:39 AM
DeFacto300

woah! im getting full exhaust done very soon. i keep changing my mind. Just to make sure i want to get the bassani x-pipe (legal) and jba headers and axle-backs. i know the x-pipe is right after the cats but could you put cat backs with a x-pipe...
this is what i want to buy: http://www.jbaheaders.com/evoldetail...artNum=40-2633 and where i was looking at them it says axle-back, this says collecter back and i think it looks like a cat back. can someone just tell me whats going on here
Old 06-19-2006, 01:50 AM
DeFacto300

Oh and if this is the case for my mgt i am getting the jba shorty headers. 2 less hp than the long tubes. i need my car to be 50 state legal and if it saves me $300 than so be it. but seriously i think ill be ok ^^^^^ but let me know otherwise. dont want to do something stupid. http://www.jbaheaders.com/images/dyno/05must_1675.jpg
Old 06-19-2006, 01:55 AM
lavrishevo

I have enjoyed my headers from a company I had not heard of before. Kook’s is the name of the company and their full catback system they sell is fantastic. Headers design is perfect with the x-pipe and performance cats; put with Borla mufflers the sound is wonderful. Borla seems to give you more of an "exotic" v8 sound. Little more of a constant tone, deep and refined.... lol, well at least in my opinion. Must have a good tuner if you’re going to get the most out of your system.

JLT CAI
Headers, X-pipe
Cats, Borla
SCT Xcal. 2, Hurst.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:09 AM
DeFacto300

i love the sound of the jba exhaust ive heard from media and there was this 2003 mustang gt with full jba work. it sounded amazing. anyway i was going to go with the 3" collecter back. Anyone heard that or will think it would be to loud and i am planing on gettin a s/c (just got a raise) so it might be better for 3" but im not sure.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:09 AM
DeFacto300

i resend the msg^^ by mistake. this will be a little less annoying to look at
Old 06-19-2006, 11:47 AM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

There are many different combinations of systems out there but the minute I see something less than T-304 grade stainless steel involved, I lose interest. If you're going to replace exhaust parts why not put something on with a lifetime warranty that will never need replacement? I realize many cannot afford the initial cost but in the long run what are the costs or savings when you may have to go out and replace the same piece a SECOND time around? Myself, I prefer to make a one time permanent investment.
I don't think 3" pipes make any sense unless you're making huge horsepower. From what I've read this car actually likes a little back pressure so I don't see the need for them. It's an added cost that you'll have a hard time matching up other parts with. Since most are 2.5" you'll eliminate many choices right away, like it or not. As to whether you go with one manufacturer or another based on sound, that's a personal preference but performance should be kept in mind above all. Short tube headers just don't make any sense to me when there's another 20 HP waiting with long tubes. The biggest gain in HP is going to come from the headers, then an X pipe, but no real large gains from there on. The first change I chose to make was with the mufflers because of the sound quality, not based on performance. I knew I could not afford to do it all at once so I made a change I would love and appreciate right away because I could hear it every time I turn on the ignition! Then I picked up an X pipe and I've now ordered long tube headers so I'm working my way from back to front. The exciting thing is I know each change I make from here on is going to make my car that much more powerful and faster! Sort of saving the best for last sort of speak.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:57 PM
DeFacto300

yeah thanks. that helps i was leaning to the 2.5" anyway i heard the same thing before but now i realized i dont need the extra bit. its like $370 for the sound i want and its well worth it. as for the x-pipe, i think my car will sound better without it. maybe a bit more drone but with it it would just be covered with raspyness. So its jba all the way. they are advertising a 21hp shorty header (dyno tested) 2hp less then lts so ill give it a go...thanks
Old 06-30-2006, 08:14 PM
firemedic

does anyone have a sound clip for the borla axle back
Old 07-02-2006, 12:30 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

What is the difference in the JBA Evo Axlebacks. I am questioning the two different part numbers, PN's: 40-2627 and 50-2627.

What is the difference and what are the benefits, if any?

Quick Reply: 05 -07 GT Exhaust Systems