4 Cylinder NA and Turbo This section is for questions pertaining to stock or modified 4 cylinders, including the performance 2.3L applications

Hatchback Conversion.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 01:46 PM
leveliv
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Hatchback Conversion.

ORIGINAL: 92lxsleeper

ORIGINAL: leveliv

Nothing is impossible my friend...You can't let people tell you that it wouldn't work...You just have some fabbing and A LOT of metal work to do haha!
well yeah, if u wanna tear ur whole car apart and weld a new rear section in, then try to get all the interior panels to line up[8D]
exactly
Old 10-12-2007, 01:47 PM
leveliv
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: F1aReD

True, I think notches with nothing on them are ugly. Put a nice cowel hood, maybe a wing, and some nice rims..then they look awesome
True I have seen a couple nices ones on this forum so far. I still prefer the hatch though.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:34 PM
F1aReD
3rd Gear Member

same, but my brother in law just found me a nice notchback, it was originally gonna be for the 5 liter conversion, so they sold the engine. aparently it was gonna be the kids and his dads project cuz the kid sounds like an idiot lol, they did all the body work n **** and its ready to paint w.e color i want, he said we could talk him down..pretty sweet lol
Old 10-12-2007, 04:07 PM
mg man 75
5th Gear Member

I have a whie notchback with Saleen ground effects. Getting gray decal that go under door made. I will need find truck and buy a wing. Now look at this one and say notchback look bad. http://www.flickr.com/photos/70597537@N00/235950085/
Old 10-12-2007, 04:59 PM
924banger
4th Gear Member

I love the notches much more than the hatchbacks. Why you ask? I have never liked being in a "sports car"(even if I only have 4 un-turbo'd cyl) that feels so huge, and when you havea sound system in the back your just asking for a bat through the glass.Why can'tyou just take the back seat out and build your system back there?? heck evencut a pass-throughand have the system spill into the trunk? Or is that too much[&:]

But if your only concerned about the look then puta 4"(6") cowl hood on and the Saleen wing(or something smaller), ground effects, Mach 1 wheels(hope you have 5 lug), clear or tinted projector lights, and a sporty paint job. BAM you have a run-of-the-mill gorgeous looking mustang that happens to be

.... a notch.

Or just go buy you a crappy looking hatch and transfer almost everything over and sell the notch shell.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:10 PM
F1aReD
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mg man 75

I have a whie notchback with Saleen ground effects. Getting gray decal that go under door made. I will need find truck and buy a wing. Now look at this one and say notchback look bad. http://www.flickr.com/photos/70597537@N00/235950085/
now that is a good looking notch, but to me its not really a notch...

that car has ground effects, a wing,..all the things a GT has..a notch is a car with no wing, no body kits, imean there not my firstchoice but they still look awesome.i hate when people get a hatcback 4 banger then put a GT body kit on it..if u wanted a gt, you should just buy a GT, appreciate a car for what it is and what its supposed 2 look like..IDK just my opinions lol
Old 10-12-2007, 08:24 PM
mg man 75
5th Gear Member

Mine started out like that but when I put the Saleen wheels on. They throw gravel on door. Chipped up the paint. Found good deal on the Saleen kit. So I put it on. But was not worried about it any more. Till I found out Saleen did make very few notchbacks. So here we go.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:45 PM
F1aReD
3rd Gear Member

Here we go? lol, check this one out

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/252793/17
Old 10-12-2007, 09:10 PM
mg man 75
5th Gear Member

Hey I like it especial the use of the seats and seatbelts. Done something similiar using cougar sunvisors because could not find black or gray mustang. Got a 93 interior in my 89. c-4 trans and 2.3 turbo. Saved as a favorite going to read over it real good thanks. That is what I tell people here just because you can't find the exact item from the exact car. Keep you eyes open you may find better.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:35 PM
flash517
2nd Gear Member

I can't find a damn hatch for sale. And i'll drive about an hour and a half away from Baltimore, maryland. And Tow it.

Quick Reply: Hatchback Conversion.