4 Cylinder NA and Turbo This section is for questions pertaining to stock or modified 4 cylinders, including the performance 2.3L applications

Project Patch! 56k Beware :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 10:19 PM
dreamer1uk
3rd Gear Member

Default Project Patch! 56k Beware :)

Hi all!

Well here is my project thread....finally.

The car is a N/A 93 Convertible. It spent most of its life in Nevada until last year where the guy who i purchased it from bought it and drove it to Indiana. Then i bought it from him for $750 in Feb of 08 as a project car and now the car is located in IL. Little did i know that this project turned into an obsession with Mustangs. Im in the process of giving my wife my 02 Sentra SER and selling her SUV so i can buy a 2nd Stang

I have done alot of work to her thus far. More recently however, i started to change the red interior to black. My2 biggest challanges and the most expensive will be to replace the vert top to Black and get the passenger side quarter panel damaged fixed. It may cost more to fix that than what i paid for the car but to me, it will be worth it.

I choose the name 'Patch' due to me fixing the car up with used parts

Enjoy the progess pics, from the sellers ad pics to where it stands now. Hopefully ill have the drivers side fender replaced in the next few weeks. I dont get much time due to working full time as well as going to college part time for my AST Degree.

The Pics from the Sales Ad...

Replacing the Tail lights. I got a mint set for $40

The damaged drivers side fender...

And the damage to the passenger side quarter panel. Im possibly thinking about replacing the rear bumper soon. The damage looks worse than it really is. Theres no creases or bad dents. That part of the panel has just been pushed in. I dont want to pull it out myself and make a mess of it, thus a body shop will be taking care of that for me [8D]

This is where i changed the seats. The old ones did not recline and lol, they stunk of **** [&:]

To be continued.....
Old 06-13-2008, 10:28 PM
al_ngl
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Project Patch! 56k Beware :)

Do you live in Indiana? If so, where? I think I'm the only person on the 4 cylinder forum in Indiana.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:29 PM
dreamer1uk
3rd Gear Member

...seat change progress...

The clean up and newer seats. I picked the seats up for $80. Also, you will be able to see a very crappy rear speaker install job by the pervious owner. You can see the cables by the center console.

Next on the list was replacing the ICM but i know you all dont need to see pictures of that. Next is the interior color change event.
If you look at some of these pictures, you can see a really bad hack and slash stereo install job. That has all been cleaned up too.

to be continued.....
Old 06-13-2008, 10:37 PM
dreamer1uk
3rd Gear Member

Interior change continued...

Extra aftermarket crap that wasnt needed....

And how shes looking right now. The black seat covers look a little lame but black seats are expensive and there not high on my priority list right now.

I have lots more pictures of the entire process thus far but theres way too many to post here.

Hope you enjoyed the thread so far!

Old 06-13-2008, 10:38 PM
dreamer1uk
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: al_ngl

Do you live in Indiana? If so, where? I think I'm the only person on the 4 cylinder forum in Indiana.
IL, close to Chicago. Maybe we could have a 4 banger meet, lol. My wife does a mean BBQ [8D]
Old 06-13-2008, 10:44 PM
dreamer1uk
3rd Gear Member

Couple of new updates.

I replaced my drums the other week. The hardware looked like it was the orginal. No wonder i had no rear brakes. The rear shoes where down to 5% too. And oh, the hold down spring tool from Autozone sucks. It took my 3 tiems as long to do these brakes with that tool. [:@]

Other than all the above, i have fixed my issue with the dash lights. Turns out it was my dimmer switch (found out after jumping the headlight switch B+ and I). The cd player is correctly installed and wired up right. I still cant believe it even worked the way it was. The fuel filter recently was changed and thsi weekend, time depending, ill change out the plugs.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:44 PM
al_ngl
4th Gear Member

lol, I just went up to the mustang forums midwest meet and greet last saturday near Detroit. Not planning on any more long trips in my mustang until I get new front seats.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:49 PM
dreamer1uk
3rd Gear Member

LOL. I know how that goes. The old seats in mine sucked.

As for my Stang, next on the list is to replace that fender. I have one ready for paint, as well as my trunk lid. I has a big dent in the middle of it. Then its a question of saving up $$ to get that top replaced and that quarter panel damage fixed.
Id like to find some black front and rear seats too, but i dont think there is any black rear convertible seats out there.
I was thinking of using that Dupli-Color Fabric paint on my seats. Anyone ever use that stuff? My wife seems to think when the interior is all black, grey seats would look ok so!, i might go for that look too.

/rant off.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:04 AM
al_ngl
4th Gear Member

I think that fabric paint would be fine as long as you remove the fabric from the seat foam, otherwise it could either soak into the foam or settle on the foam and have uneven color when it dries. Shouldn't be too hard to remove the fabric and paint/dye it.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:46 PM
93 Notch
1st Gear Member

Nice seats, and good progress with lots of pictures, I had seats once upon a time in my mustang too.
Seeing your pics makes me want to pull my center consoul out and clean under it , while the seats are out :thumbs up"

Quick Reply: Project Patch! 56k Beware :)