MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Vote for Pedro! Best of Everything Thread. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/124008-vote-for-pedro-best-of-everything-thread.html)

5.0 MPG 05-04-2006 02:44 PM

Vote for Pedro! Best of Everything Thread.

I have a suggestion to our moderator and fellow members. I see more and more of the same question asked over and over and the responses to them getting fewer and fewer. They are good question but often surround everyone’s opinion on an upgrade they want to purchase. Most of the good "hot" topics get pushed off by a bombardment of repetitive questions, and subsequently get shoved off and forgotten. I think everyone is suffering to some degree here. The thread starter doesn’t get his question answered thoroughly, buys the wrong product then commits suicide or in a drunken furry runs wife or girlfriend over. After the 80 bumps some of us are forced to make comments which after 40 times leads to burnout, infidelity to the 4.6 section and eventually the purchase of a honda civic.
Ive seen a couple comments about this here and there. Why not make a list of lets say the top 20 mods and one by one introduce them for commenting into our forum. All will be encouraged to comment elaborately with pics and videos. Maybe we can even get "V Fast" (No Offense Crazyhorse) to show up once or twice?? Then after lets say 2 or 3 days place it in a sticky labeled "The Best of Everything Once and For All!" Then introduce another and another until we've gone through the list. If not everyone will be hearing from me with about 30 questions on upgrades cause Im about to hit the lotto!

chath_brick 05-04-2006 02:47 PM

RE: Vote for Pedro! Best of Everything Thread.

i think thats a great idea...i'm as guilty of it as everybody else, but having a reference for the top mods is a great idea.

HACKGT350 05-04-2006 02:59 PM

im with you on this one 5.0

ikeybmg 05-04-2006 03:19 PM

maybe have it broke down into sections in the thread. like:
? about exhaust look here...blah blah.
questions about top end kits, intake heads cam etc here....
questions about basic beginnner mods here...
so on...and have it in links to click with good thorough expanations inside each link.
might work...i dunno.
i do know that alot of people just make a new thread before they look at any stickys because they dont notice them or just dont feel like scanning thru them so i dunno how good it would work but...

ikeybmg 05-04-2006 03:20 PM

maybe have it broke down into sections in the thread. like:
? about exhaust look here...blah blah.
questions about top end kits, intake heads cam etc here....
questions about basic beginnner mods here...
so on...and have it in links to click with good thorough expanations inside each link.
might work...i dunno.
i do know that alot of people just make a new thread before they look at any stickys because they dont notice them or just dont feel like scanning thru them so i dunno how good it would work but...

gspfunk 05-04-2006 06:54 PM

That would be a great idea. And anyone w/ under 30 posts should be forced to look there or use the search function before they can ask a question....since it was probably asked 4 times yesterday. [sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Tims 88GT 05-04-2006 07:02 PM

Me vote si. sinor i think you have a good idea:D

grabbem88 05-04-2006 07:04 PM

man i have tried this 3 F'N time and it never flies...so try it if you want.

Tims 88GT 05-04-2006 07:25 PM

^^right

HC_CrAzYHoRsE 05-04-2006 07:37 PM

EXCELLENT! finally someone's trying to put together solutions instead of whining:D what we really need is MORE TECH ARTICLES!!! i know you guys are tired about the gears/tires/heads/intake/CAI/etc etc etc threads popping up every 20 minutes, but i can't do shiat about them because we don't have any solid articles that answer all those questions in the sticky, and most new members either don't see the search function or find it too complicated to use. I find no offense in wanting the ole' VFart back, i miss the guy just as much as some of you seem to do, problem is, he has resigned and would probably not want to come back even if he could.... i have kept in contact with him as much as i could since he left but he's been getting banned all over the place for going completely nuts[sm=smiley36.gif] (wich is what happened here too). i have discussed this situation with other concerned members before and the "solution" that we have come up with so far was locking the repeated threads up with a link to the sticky wich already answers the questions at hand. but i can't do that if there is no write-up about it in the sticky to start with... so allrighty! make with the articles! and i'll try my best to stop the overflow of the same threads popping up over and over and over and over ...again. obviously i can't be here 24/7 though, so there will still be some of the them, but the idea is to redirect the new members to the sticky. if everyone helps out i'm sure we could notice a significant change for the better in the near future.

keep the ideas and suggestions coming!

thanks!

Martin