5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

foxbodies are the fastest in the world

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 02:18 AM
dustinpolcz
2nd Gear Member

Default foxbodies are the fastest in the world

hey everyone, i got this friend at school who has a fox body gt and he says it can do 180+ and get 0-60 in 4 sec. this kid put headers, exhaust, transmission, and rear end in it and thats it. not only that, to "prove" he went that fast he says him and these two guys he knows on crotch rockets were on backroads and the bikes were maxed and the kid in the stang still sped away from them. now i've told him how full of it he is and how it's just not possible, anyone have anything i can say to him to shatter his image and so that people who are stupid about cars believe it's not that fast?
Old 05-04-2004, 02:31 AM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Default RE: foxbodies are the fastest in the world

so its a stock fox with a full exhaust and a new t5?
with a beefier rear end?
Sounds fast
I say he can't even break 14's
Old 05-04-2004, 04:54 AM
MustangsEatSi

first of all, slap that kid across the face and tell him I said he's a dumb@$$! Wanna prove he is a Dumb@$$?....Look online, and find the specs on a Viper, then print it out and shove it in his face. I am not sure exactly, but I think the vipers do a 0-60 in 4 something seconds. If he still thinks he can do all that stuff, tell him to "prove" it while your in his car. Then tell him he is stupid
Old 05-04-2004, 05:36 AM
USAMuscle
4th Gear Member

Your friend is a lyin' sack of flaming poo. First off those crotch rockets would own his *** all day long without breaking a sweat. Those mods you mentioned will get him maybe 20-25 horses over stock, provided he has long tubes and good mufflers. That's not nearly enough to go 0-60 in 4 flat. Also, topping out at 180? Not even, especially with steeper rear gears. Reminds me of something somebody told me a long time ago. Believe nothing that you hear, and half of what you see. He's yankin' your crank man.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:17 PM
VertStangGT86
4th Gear Member

I feel dumber for having read that.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:06 PM
trickflow331

Muscle mustangs and fast fords did a 200mph test on a mustang a while back, like 3 years ago. Even with an custom aftermarket tranny, they determined they needed a minimum of 500 hp to reach 200 mph; that kid is nowhere near 500...cough...400...300hp i mean...and besides, theoretically, 5th gear in a T5 will max out way before 180, esp with steeper rear-end gears. Go tell the guy you bet he couldn't even beat a Neon SRT-4 (154mph).
Old 05-04-2004, 10:58 PM
nhdungeonracer
3rd Gear Member

he says him and these two guys he knows on crotch rockets were on backroads and the bikes were maxed and the kid in the stang still sped away from them.
Sounds like a couple of wussies riding the bikes Or were they 250cc crotch rockets?
You may want to relate this story to those guys on the bikes, assuming you know who they are. I think there's another side to this story your friend isn't saying.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:56 PM
94BlackGT
2nd Gear Member

Wow, my school owns you in dumbasses. This kid has a 90 something Buick Regal and says he dropped a 350 in it and runs 12's. HA! He also has hit license plate hanging below the car on chains. Our school has a Best Car/Worst Car vote for our yearbook. Guess who is 2 years running on option #2?

People crack me up. I will at least admit my car is slow.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:04 AM
Stinger
4th Gear Member

yea stock 4cyl mustangs go that fast .. thought everyone knew this !!
Old 05-05-2004, 02:45 AM
dustinpolcz
2nd Gear Member

yea the kids motor is stock except the stuff i already listed. he tells EVERYONE he beat my buddy's 99 z28. the camaro is stock except for exhaust, it has a 351 with a 6 spd tranny and the kid with the fox says he smoked the pee out of it. his brother told me to name the fastest car i could think of and i told him a mclaren f1 and he says a foxbody could smoke it. when i finished laughing and told him the f1's stats he still says his brothers car could take it.
the kid says about those bikes he out ran, he says it was top end, not racing. and the guys on the bike back him up (they are idiots though) and the kid wrecked the fox and is only selling it for 500 bucks! now if it's so ungodly fast, wouldnt someone sell it for a little more??

Quick Reply: foxbodies are the fastest in the world