5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Even saw the likes of the Goodyear blimp...

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

Default Even saw the likes of the Goodyear blimp...

So this morning, I woke up and convinced my wife to take the GT on her errands for the day. Even though she drove a stick for three years, she's always said that she couldn't drive my car, and was afraid to. Today, however, because neither of us felt like transferring the child-seat from my car to hers, she agreed to take the Mustang. As she rumbled off down the street, I realized two things A) My car sounds a lot tougher than I ever imagined, and B) Hot girls driving Mustangs are the stuff that sticky dreams are made of.

Next, the wife came home and we went to buy another child-seat for my son. By the way she had come roaring up the street, throwing the old Mustang around pretty good, I had a feeling I could get her to drive on this errand as well. It was cool riding in my car instead of driving it. At any rate, we were coming home down the freeway at about 65--my wife, my son and I. I was now driving. All of a sudden, this kid screams up next to us in a riced-out Celica GTS. He starts mad-doggin my wife, and monkeying with the throttle. I downshifted into fourth, and waited for him to jump on it. He did, so I mashed the pedal down and lept a car length ahead never even hitting 80 mph. I stuck it back into fifth, and brought my speed back down to 65. I looked at my wife--she looked apprehensive. I looked at my son, and he was laughing. Celica man lined up with me again, wanting to get owned some more. This time, I downshifted into third, let out the clutch, and waited for him to jump on it. He did, and I mashed the pedal to the floor and pulled past him in a heartbeat--again, never even reaching 80 mph. As I returned to civilized speeds, he blew past me with the peace-sign extended. I looked at my wife, and she was smiling. I looked at my son, and he was still laughing and pointing at the rice-rocket. All that to say: Today was a good day.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:32 PM
95w.i.p
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Even saw the likes of the Goodyear blimp...

sounds like it was fun for the whole family.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:35 PM
95hooptey
3rd Gear Member

God those ricers are fun to race..........couldn't trade that "jackass drinking ice water" smile for all the $$$$$ you put in your car anyday! Long live the ricers....................Long live the RICE EATERS!!
Old 07-05-2006, 11:36 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

my kids always say...."do it again daddy".....those days are always fun
Old 07-05-2006, 11:41 PM
95hooptey
3rd Gear Member

5.0 family fun!!! maybe would should get a reality series with all our kids saying "punch it daddy! that ricer is coming up on us!"......................That would be a kick in the pants!
Old 07-05-2006, 11:48 PM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

Yeah, it was fun. When It's just me and the boy, I resist the urge to be heavy on the throttle. But since the wife was in the car, I felt somehow justified.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:48 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

same here man.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:53 PM
95hooptey
3rd Gear Member

Yea I take mine out and she says "isnt' this thing supossed to be fast"............I don't say anything and ocassionally just find a nice straightaway and rip on it..................then she say "maybe thats why you are working on this car all the time"...................she thinks I am keeping it running when I am making it faster! Hey! it works...........I tell her..."well you don't want some broken car sitting in our driveway!"
Old 07-05-2006, 11:56 PM
Bad Karma
3rd Gear Member

You are the man today in y0our family Dude....

Great job!,
Ivan
Old 07-06-2006, 12:05 AM
95hooptey
3rd Gear Member

Twisted was his name and ricers are his game.....
No days when one will pass him up..........just jammin when he is wining even if the ol' lady is a grump
Son likes his game although wifey is not the same..........
ricers come and go but wicked will not let them show..............him up!

Wurd...

from your lyrical gangasta brother!!

Quick Reply: Even saw the likes of the Goodyear blimp...