5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 05:57 AM
lookinforastang
I ♥ Acer

Default is it possible?

to take the whole interior cover plate off of the AOD tranny? i need to see if theres any padding or anything under there but i dont see any screws holding it in place.. does it just pop off with some force?

thanks
Old 07-07-2006, 05:10 PM
sgt_pepper17
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: is it possible?

Although I am not familiar with mustangs having an AOD, I have removed floor panels on my Ford trucks and the cover is generally held on by some sort of tar or glue. I pry on them and they pop off with a fair amount of ease.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:56 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

good question ... i am looking to remove my center console but not sure how it is fastened in there any suggestions would be great ... thanks guys
Old 07-07-2006, 06:01 PM
50mikey
4th Gear Member

The bezel that goes around the shifter just pops in place. Easy way is to remove the rubberish center part first, then you can get your fingers undernieth the rest.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:38 PM
lookinforastang
I ♥ Acer

i just went out there and pried it off. theres 2 small pins that hold in the part closest to you and then theres 2 big pins that kinda "clamp" it together, they are the tricky ones to get off.

i just applied light pressure untill it clicked and it came right off

man it was dirty.. and there is no material actually underneath the shifter, its just the carpet around the edges. im going to drive with the cover off and see how hot it gets.

i also want to take the stupid gear indicator thing (P-R-N-OD-D-1) so it kind of has an old school look

i never look at the thing anyway.. i think its only there for well u know.. the blondes