5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

ricers

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Hung Like a Stang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: ricers

well, what year? Actually I guess it really doesn't matter, I was looking at the specs of the new z's and they still aren't tht impressive

My buddy had a pretty friggin tricked out 350zx, He put a lot of time and money into it. He had about 10 passes on it with nittos and running 13.4's. He can drive too. They aren't that tough. If all you want to do is smoke one, just get yourself a bottle and a real nice rear veiw mirror
Old 07-07-2006, 10:04 PM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

turbo 351W would make somewhere arounf 600+rwhp
cost about $10-12k to build up.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:05 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: 88ragtop

Dont let them skylines scare you to much. If it wasnt for them turbos they wouldnt be much of a threat. The way I see it, you can turbocharge your stang and get yout suspension set up. Then all they will be seeing is your *** end.
Yea and if a 03 cobra did'nt have a blower it would be a total turd. The fact is that the car does have turbos and anyone that races him has to deal with them.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:14 PM
Hung Like a Stang
4th Gear Member

well, not one to disagree, but...I disagree.

99 cobra is a naturally aspirated 281 and puts out 320 stock???? That is a force for ricers to reckon with if you ask me. (espeically since the ls1 is 347 CI and puts out 315)
Old 07-07-2006, 10:20 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: Hung Like a Stang

99 cobra is a naturally aspirated 281 and puts out 320 stock???? That is a force for ricers to reckon with if you ask me. (espeically since the ls1 is 347 CI and puts out 315)
Ah way to quote the rated HP's. Race those two cars and see if you still think the same. Besides my point was that if a car comes from the factory with a power adder, how can it be discounted? I mean stock those Skylines are pretty badass. Hey, I am the biggest rice hater you will ever find, but when a car is fast I can give it credit.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:24 PM
duslep
3rd Gear Member

I to hate ricers but the skyline is a pretty well built car and can haul ***.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:41 PM
94RoadRacerGT
2nd Gear Member

I think either Nissan or Infinity is comming out with a US version of the skyline called the GTR. I believe its made from a G35, or something like that. I havent seen too much of it really just a couple of import mag covers when I was diggin around for a Mustang mag at the grocery store.

On that note....Why is it, here in so. cal., everywhere I go the are about 15 import mags but when I look around I can hardly find a even just a muscle car mag let alone a mustang mag?
Old 07-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Hung Like a Stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JD1969

ORIGINAL: Hung Like a Stang

Ah way to quote the rated HP's. Race those two cars and see if you still think the same. Besides my point was that if a car comes from the factory with a power adder, how can it be discounted? I mean stock those Skylines are pretty badass. Hey, I am the biggest rice hater you will ever find, but when a car is fast I can give it credit.

I wasn't trying to be beligerernt man. I totally agree, thats precisely why I used the example of the 99 cobra and it being naturally aspirated; the other reason being for that as an example is that my freind has one, which I have driven and I was very impressed, and its still got air box and paper filter. My cousin also has a ws6 TA that got like 13.2 1/4 on street tires spinning like a bitch and his 60' was 2.3. So these cars do perform.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:02 PM
Rixter
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94RoadRacerGT

I think either Nissan or Infinity is comming out with a US version of the skyline called the GTR. I believe its made from a G35, or something like that. I havent seen too much of it really just a couple of import mag covers when I was diggin around for a Mustang mag at the grocery store.

On that note....Why is it, here in so. cal., everywhere I go the are about 15 import mags but when I look around I can hardly find a even just a muscle car mag let alone a mustang mag?
Infinity is Nissan, and in Japan the G35 is the new Skyline. There are two basic types of skyline, the regular, and the GT-R. The GT-R is basically a totally different car, it's AWD (regular is RWD) and has all the power. Until the G35 no Skyline at all had been sold in America, but they are indeed bringing over the new GT-R as well, or so I've heard. I expect it to compete with Corvettes and Vipers (price too).
Old 07-08-2006, 01:56 AM
347Stroker Cougar
2nd Gear Member

You could take the 350z no problem, the skyline is the only thing you'd have to worry about.

A rich guy in my town drives one and I've stopped and talked to him about it and they are one bad *** nice built car. He bought his stock and it's running 13.8 in the quarter, plus the gtr's come with the AWD Smart System. When the tires slip, it switches into AWD.. When they catch traction, the car turns back into RWD. That's why they get so good of a launch.

Quick Reply: ricers