5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Intake Air temp sensor?

Old 08-01-2006, 12:59 AM
5Liter Import Eater
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Intake Air temp sensor?

this isnt the part i need. i just looked up air charge temp sensor and its not what i need.. what i need i dont think is a sensor. its like a plastic peice with 5 tubes connected to it that are all broke off and the other ends are connected to different bell looking things that i dont know what are.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:05 AM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

yea the sensor is broken psyically. i dropped it on the ground when i was porting my lower and i didnt realise it was down there till i stepped on it and broke the tip off.

How much are these things? I know someone that has his whole motor apart and parting it out so i can just get his, but if its pretty cheap ill just buy one new.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:06 AM
5Liter Import Eater
2nd Gear Member

i just went outside and looked at it. the part i need is like a plug that plugs into tubes that go into that sensor and the other ends go thru the connector peice o need and go to those bell looking things and i have no idea what this connector/plug thingy is called and where to get one or what it does.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:10 AM
will
2nd Gear Member

I beleive thats the air pump management valve
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...e=1221&ptset=A
Old 08-01-2006, 01:17 AM
gspfunk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88stangaruu

yea the sensor is broken psyically. i dropped it on the ground when i was porting my lower and i didnt realise it was down there till i stepped on it and broke the tip off.

How much are these things? I know someone that has his whole motor apart and parting it out so i can just get his, but if its pretty cheap ill just buy one new.
$17 at O'reilly's.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:19 AM
5Liter Import Eater
2nd Gear Member

nah thats not it either... the lines are connected to this peice and it plugs into the lines coming out of the ACT sensor. the lines are thin, kinda like electrical wire but hollow in the middle. i appreciate u trying tho. if u look at your stang under the hood on the pass side strut tower is that ACT sensor i think u were talking about and coming out of that sensor is the lines and like 3 inches after they come out of the sensor is where the connector i need is.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:32 AM
will
2nd Gear Member

See if this helps
Old 08-01-2006, 01:43 AM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

nah that thing has to do something with the EGR valve doesnt it? Between the stut tower and the firewall?
Old 08-01-2006, 01:48 AM
vristang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5Liter Import Eater

nah thats not it either... the lines are connected to this peice and it plugs into the lines coming out of the ACT sensor. the lines are thin, kinda like electrical wire but hollow in the middle. i appreciate u trying tho. if u look at your stang under the hood on the pass side strut tower is that ACT sensor i think u were talking about and coming out of that sensor is the lines and like 3 inches after they come out of the sensor is where the connector i need is.
Your not looking at the ACT sensor. Vac lines don't attach to the ACT.
The ACT threads into one of the intake runners on the lower intake (I don't remember which one on the stock manifold though).

You may be looking at EGR?

Check that vac diagram posted above.

jason
Old 08-01-2006, 01:51 AM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

I think thats the EVR or whatever its called, it like controls the vacuum to the EGR and tells it when to open and close or something like that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Intake Air temp sensor?