5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

look at this ****

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 11:14 PM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: look at this ****

Its his car let him do what ever he wants with it.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:19 PM
5.0coupe
3rd Gear Member

I wanna ride in it... see how fast it is. They rev to like 10000 and of course it will move some air at 9k
Old 10-09-2006, 11:29 PM
PONY GUY
4th Gear Member

I'm all over this hizzle

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=555218&page=3

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=583140&page=3
Old 10-09-2006, 11:50 PM
EmperorOfChicken
5th Gear Member

okay, dunno why he would ruin the already fine mustang, but atleast its a clean install, thats all i can say, get some nice wheels, ditch the wing, the nasty tail lights, and it would look cosmetically okay. now where did he put that mustang engine.......
Old 10-10-2006, 01:42 AM
black89gt
4th Gear Member

do yall realize what the redline is on that rotory motor?? haha that motor is defiantely workedon so the redline is arond like 10k or higher.. and rotories are not designed like any other motor these days.. they deliver tons of air than youd imagine like Tbird said up there. and who needs torque on teh high end? torque has litterally no factor on teh top end.. its all HP. whats your 500ltlb torque gonna do at the line? spiin outa first and second? whats this 1.3 gonna do with 250 ft lbs? smoke your *** to kingdom come an dbe 10 cars in front by the time you're catching traction. and plus if its a ball bearing turbo witha built motor..the turboo will not have much trouble spooling.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:05 AM
50lxnotch
2nd Gear Member

you gotta give him props for installing it so cleanly. but i agree a rotary is an amazing motor, just not my savy. im a v8 american muscle car man!
Old 10-10-2006, 02:12 AM
notch93
1st Gear Member

Im not into ricers, but they did a very nice job w/ that motor. Looks very professional
Old 10-10-2006, 02:50 AM
B
2nd Gear Member

having torque is just an advantage of a V8... If you had a build 302/351 with that turbo on it...

i bet you would beat that rotory engine.. with the same turbo and the engine being build..

oh and torque is very a kill if you stick the wheels ..
Old 10-10-2006, 03:11 AM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88stangaruu

ORIGINAL: black89gt

uhhh not to mention taht stang will bun probably most of us ... hahaha did you look to see how big that turbo was? hahaa it was the size of my head!

Can you say NO TORQUE!!!!!

Rotaries have no torque...period.

Plus, that turbo might be huge for a POS rotary engine, but isnt that big for a V8. It looks like about a T70 or something close to it, thats what im putting on my car as you can see in my sig.
first let me say that's something i would never do to a mustang personally (nor would i use a non ford piston engine)...but it is certainly creative and unique...not to mention the difficulty of the swap...so i say it deserves some respect. not to mention it was a v6 mustang...so it's certainly an upgrade. now the reason i quoted you...that's a 3 rotor engine and they certainly produce torque when boosted (most rx7's are 2 rotor), and some have run single digit's na...not streetable though. it's displacement is eqivilent to a 4.something liter piston engine (i could be a bit off but ballpark). it will have some lag with that turbo (say full boost at 4-4.5k) but when you can rev a turbo engine to 9k+ rpms....lets just say it's probably fun to drive

btw some of your guys comments are borderline "ricer" statements
Old 10-10-2006, 03:15 AM
SSKiller
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: turbostang21

ORIGINAL: 88stangaruu

ORIGINAL: black89gt

uhhh not to mention taht stang will bun probably most of us ... hahaha did you look to see how big that turbo was? hahaa it was the size of my head!

Can you say NO TORQUE!!!!!

Rotaries have no torque...period.

Plus, that turbo might be huge for a POS rotary engine, but isnt that big for a V8. It looks like about a T70 or something close to it, thats what im putting on my car as you can see in my sig.
first let me say that's something i would never do to a mustang personally (nor would i use a non ford piston engine)...but it is certainly creative and unique...not to mention the difficulty of the swap...so i say it deserves some respect. not to mention it was a v6 mustang...so it's certainly an upgrade. now the reason i quoted you...that's a 3 rotor engine and they certainly produce torque when boosted (most rx7's are 2 rotor), and some have run single digit's na...not streetable though. it's displacement is eqivilent to a 4.something liter piston engine (i could be a bit off but ballpark). it will have some lag with that turbo (say full boost at 4-4.5k) but when you can rev a turbo engine to 9k+ rpms....lets just say it's probably fun to drive
Well said.......

Quick Reply: look at this ****