5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

shutting off fuel flow for a single cylinder

Old 11-27-2006, 11:30 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Default RE: shutting off fuel flow for a single cylinder

ha dude your an ***. Is it a kid?
Old 11-27-2006, 11:31 PM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

Well if he is a moms ex rake his a$$ over the coals. The first two fist fights i ever got into were with my ex step dad, moved out of the house at 17, been on my own since then. I have no remorse for mom's new boyfriend/husband
Old 11-27-2006, 11:35 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: whiteout 5.0

i sold my old daily driver with a dead cylinder that i didnt tell him about. and he says hes getting poor gas mileage. So I'mgoing to unplug the injector and hope for the best. Its kinda a holish to do but i need a trans in my 5.0 and my boss just gave me a brand new daily driver...I sold a mint 89 bronco2 with 165,000 miles with all vehicle service records since it left the dealership in 89 for 2500 with a dead cylinder. I gotta at least help the guy out i feel guilty
Not cool man. Not cool at all. How would you feel if someone sold you a Mustang with a dead cylinder? But I bet that if your transmission you are going to buy has problems, you'll be bitching to the person who sold it to you screaming that they ripped you off, etc.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:37 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

I feel horrible but my mom egged me on to do it. its my moms exx boyfriend hes a scumbag and i hate his guts hes a red neck and he stole my mustang 2 weeks ago while i was at my dads and picked up his new gf in it i hate his guts man. He trusts me with cars tho thats why he bought it off me and had to do it for money.
Oh, well that's different! I take back the previous comment. I'd unplug one more injector just for the hell of it.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:37 PM
whiteout 5.0
2nd Gear Member

nmerril "mint" with a dead cylinder hmmmmm
It's a 2.9 v6 its notorious for failure and oil starvation especially in the upper parts of the cylinders thats why its common to hear valve tapping in them. But the cars got no rust no paint fade, anytime i waxed the stang id always put a coat on the bronco, the engines clean the insides mint its a nice truck its just got a miss fire now that the engines on its way out.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:39 PM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

well screw that guy, throw some sugar in the gas tank while your at it!
Old 11-27-2006, 11:44 PM
whiteout 5.0
2nd Gear Member

yea man im not all about scum baggish stuff either but hey he was trying to stay cool with me by over paying the bronco since he always used to see me washing it and workin on it with the summit racing fender covers my mom got me last christmas =) the f***cking deuchebag he deserves a lemon man i should steal it back and use the passenger axle for my 5 lug conversion i already got one off my aunts wrecked aerostar on my garage floor =) I'll disconnect it tomorow so he can pass inspection since he failed miserably for hydrodcarbons cuz its got all that unburned fuel going in there.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:50 PM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

i sold my old daily driver with a dead cylinder that i didnt tell him about. and he says hes getting poor gas mileage. So I'mgoing to unplug the injector and hope for the best. Its kinda a holish to do but i need a trans in my 5.0 and my boss just gave me a brand new daily driver...I sold a mint 89 bronco2 with 165,000 miles with all vehicle service records since it left the dealership in 89 for 2500 with a dead cylinder. I gotta at least help the guy out i feel guilty
How old are you, my friend? I'm not all knowing, but I have learned one thing, being the knucklehead that I am: What goes around comes around. You really haven't gotten ahead by deceiving the new owner of your truck; you only THINK you have. You'll learn.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Twisted

How old are you, my friend? I'm not all knowing, but I have learned one thing, being the knucklehead that I am: What goes around comes around. You really haven't gotten ahead by deceiving the new owner of your truck; you only THINK you have. You'll learn.
I just read the whole thread, and I'd like to recant on my last statement. If what you say is true, F*CK HIM!
Old 11-27-2006, 11:54 PM
whiteout 5.0
2nd Gear Member

My moms ex is 39.

quote:Twisted
18 as of 2 weeks ago but I guess thats pretty young compared to most of you guys.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: shutting off fuel flow for a single cylinder