5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

So many things wrong!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

Default So many things wrong!

Lately every little thing possible has been wrong with my car.

Yesterday, im driving and i hear a churping noise...first thing that came to mind is my throwout bearing, because its the same noise i heard before i just put in this clutch. So i push the clutch in and the noise is gone. Yep...my throwout bearing/clutch is going! It's a Spec Stage 1 Clutch, i just bought it about 4 months ago! I gave it a 500 mile break-in period. And i do my average beating on the car, but its not a every chance i get kind of thing. What can i do about this? Do i have to replace the clutch or maybe since the clutch is stillnew i can just get a throwout bearing?

Another thing is that yesterday my car shut off TWICE at a red light. I was just sitting and iwas listening ot music and all of a sudden it just gets a little quiet and i see my car is off, so i turn it back on and sit there. Thenthe next light it shut right off again.
I always catch my battery charge going to 18and then sometimes it will even jump to 8.

I'm starting tofeel the need to get rid ofmy mustang, but without it i will be a totally different person[&:]
Old 02-11-2007, 04:56 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: So many things wrong!

my throwout bearing has been chirping for 5k miles... its just making noise, not technically going bad

its when they start growling that its bad
Old 02-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Black95MustangGT
4th Gear Member

It is a tad bit quiet, but it doesnt meen that its going bad at all? And is it not worth to replace?

Old 02-11-2007, 05:26 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

my thorwout bearing chirped for a year before i replaced it and the clutch
Old 02-11-2007, 07:05 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: Black95MustangGT

It is a tad bit quiet, but it doesnt meen that its going bad at all? And is it not worth to replace?

are you really gonna drop out your trans just because the thing is making a slight chirping noise???

like i said, mines been doing it for 5k miles now
Old 02-11-2007, 07:15 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

are you really gonna drop out your trans just because the thing is making a slight chirping noise???

Im about to. It pisses me off to no end. Every time my foot is off the clutch all I hear is a chirpchirpchirpchirp.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:27 PM
CompOrangeHatch
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WhiteFoxGT

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

Im about to. It pisses me off to no end. Every time my foot is off the clutch all I hear is a chirpchirpchirpchirp.
tighten the cable to put a little bit on tension on it
Old 02-11-2007, 09:32 PM
VigCS
5th Gear Member

My throwout bearing was scraping and grinding when it went bad...you could feel and hear it in the car.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:33 PM
90Lxstanger
3rd Gear Member

Yesterday, im driving and i hear a churping noise...first thing that came to mind is my throwout bearing, because its the same noise i heard before i just put in this clutch. So i push the clutch in and the noise is gone. Yep...my throwout bearing/clutch is going! It's a Spec Stage 1 Clutch, i just bought it about 4 months ago! I gave it a 500 mile break-in period. And i do my average beating on the car, but its not a every chance i get kind of thing. What can i do about this? Do i have to replace the clutch or maybe since the clutch is stillnew i can just get a throwout bearing?

Another thing is that yesterday my car shut off TWICE at a red light. I was just sitting and iwas listening ot music and all of a sudden it just gets a little quiet and i see my car is off, so i turn it back on and sit there. Thenthe next light it shut right off again.
I always catch my battery charge going to 18and then sometimes it will even jump to 8.

I'm starting tofeel the need to get rid ofmy mustang, but without it i will be a totally different person[&:]
That there is no reason to get rid of a Stang.
Like Adder said a lil chirping isnt that bad, hell mine chirps if im gettin her hott, like 4000 grand every gear, but during normal driving isnt fine, and dont replace the clutch unless its bad too, which i doubt it is(sounds pretty new)
You car could be stallin be many reasons, check you IAC first to see if its dirty, but really its shouldnt matter cuz you caqn run without one....
Old 02-11-2007, 09:36 PM
silver91gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 90Lxstanger

That there is no reason to get rid of a Stang.
Like Adder said a lil chirping isnt that bad, hell mine chirps if im gettin her hott, like 4000 grand every gear, but during normal driving isnt fine, and dont replace the clutch unless its bad too, which i doubt it is(sounds pretty new)
You car could be stallin be many reasons, check you IAC first to see if its dirty, but really its shouldnt matter cuz you caqn run without one....
thats it 4krpm, thats driving nice, now powershifting off the rev limiter will get it hot

Quick Reply: So many things wrong!