5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

C Clip Eliminator Question....

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 12:42 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default C Clip Eliminator Question....

Well, my friend baught a whole dump load of parts for his 95 GT but he decided not to install anything and to just sell it all and part out his car. He has a set of used Moser 31 spline axles from a 93 GT w/ c clip eliminators. He wants to sell them to me for $150 bucks. Can anyone explain the purpose of running c clip eliminators...pro's and cons. Also, what length should they be?Ilooked on summit and there are a few different part numbers...only difference was length. I measured the axles and they came to 28 3/4. Is this correct? LMK. Its a really good deal if they are correct for my car and would work well with my application. Experienced people only... please... no guessing. THANKS!
Old 04-04-2007, 12:46 AM
408guy
1st Gear Member

Default RE: C Clip Eliminator Question....

if you break an axle it will slid out of the housing, the c-clip elims are the same thing as using 9inch ends, it keeps the axle in the housing if you break the axle in half. A large c-clip is holding your axle in right now at the carrier, hence the name c-clip eliminator. Which c-clip elim is it, strange, moser etc?
Old 04-04-2007, 01:07 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

The c clip eliminator kit is from moser. So this will not affect anything besides if I break an axle? I always thought that they did more than that....
Anyway, do you know anything about the length?Hes not 100% where they came from so I just want to be 100% sure on it. How hard is the installation? And, if I install these, are my tires going to stick out more because of the eliminators?
Old 04-04-2007, 01:12 AM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

They keep the axle from falling out if you break an axle.

I bought c clip eliminators for my car but decided against them. The reason I didn't do them is once you install them theres no going back. You have to cut the part of the axle tube where the axle seal goes. Its really easy to cut, could do it with a hack saw if you wanted too. But once you cut it off you have to run c clip eliminators permanently. The wheels should be in the same place once installed.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:14 AM
408guy
1st Gear Member

No all they do is stop you from doing massive amounts of damage and or losing control and killing yourself.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:38 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZachW04Stang

They keep the axle from falling out if you break an axle.

I bought c clip eliminators for my car but decided against them. The reason I didn't do them is once you install them theres no going back. You have to cut the part of the axle tube where the axle seal goes. Its really easy to cut, could do it with a hack saw if you wanted too. But once you cut it off you have to run c clip eliminators permanently. The wheels should be in the same place once installed.
Why do you say "you have to run them permanetly" like its a bad thing? Sounds like its a good thing to me... why WOULDNT you want to run them? Does anyone know the exact length that I need to use and where exactally I should measure from...

Also, are the c clip eliminators going to make my tires stick out further?

Also, is this something I could do by myself in my garage or will I need to take it to a shop and have them installed? If so, does anyone know an approx amount or time it takes to do these?
Old 04-04-2007, 01:44 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

This should help ya out a lil!!!

http://www.corral.net/projects/deepf...dfrearend.html
Old 04-04-2007, 02:33 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Awsome, I started to read it but didnt finish it. Nice link.. thanks.

Can anyone answer the rest of my questions?
Old 04-04-2007, 02:36 AM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

dont run c-clip eliminators, weld on 9in ends, they dont leak like eliminators do
Old 04-04-2007, 03:00 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Well, I dont plan on making this a big project... actually I was just going to run the stock axles BUT I can get a pretty good deal so I figured if its worth it I would give it a shot...

Quick Reply: C Clip Eliminator Question....