Notices
5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

speedo correction

Old 12-30-2004, 04:59 AM
HungLow5.0
2nd Gear Member

Default speedo correction

I have 3.73s and I my speedo is way off. I know that I have to change the tooth or something like that. What I'm asking is how do you do that? sorry if this is a repost.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:45 AM
DarkDragon
1st Gear Member

Default RE: speedo correction

u need a diff speedo gear that goes into the tranny. I dont know where it is since i dont have a 5.0 but others will. Also is it a 5 spd or auto. ur problly gonna need a 21 tooth gear, i know that on steedas web site they are 10 bucks but other companies make em
Old 12-30-2004, 09:11 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

Have a look C for gear sizes & prices. http://www.steeda.com/store/-catalog/speedometer.htm

To install, follow the speedo cable to where it goes into the transmission. There will be a small bolt holding a bracket that keeps the speedo cable inserted into the tranny. Remove that bolt & slide the cable out from the tranny. You'll see the gear hanging on the end of the cable, now change it & put back together. Piece-O-Cake!
Old 12-30-2004, 01:35 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

see the stickie at the top of this section for what gear you need as far as number of teeth goes.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:09 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: roundman

see the stickie at the top of this section for what gear you need as far as number of teeth goes.
His gearing isn't in that thread. He's got 3.73's in a '90 V8 LX.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:16 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

nm, I neglected to scroll down in the thread, I just looked at where ob posted. Well there is a gearing guide on the page that I gave him anyway.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:48 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FoxGT

that may well be true but since he didn't say what he had here I have to go on what is presented and not try to be a mind reader either! LOL
if you can't tell already, I don't spend a lot of time in the new members section nor do I try to remember a lot about what mods everybody has either, too much for my feeble old brain to retain.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:50 PM
DarkDragon
1st Gear Member

i did tell him he needed the 21 tooth gear
Old 12-30-2004, 04:07 PM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FoxGT

that may well be true but since he didn't say what he had here I have to go on what is presented and not try to be a mind reader either! LOL
if you can't tell already, I don't spend a lot of time in the new members section nor do I try to remember a lot about what mods everybody has either, too much for my feeble old brain to retain.
I've never entered the new members section, nor have I heard his mods. I clicked on his name & looked in his profile.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:29 PM
bobby
5th Gear Member

steeda has em, i noticed in the stickie it didnt list one for a 93 aod withs 73;s[:@] i found it tho... it ok

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: speedo correction

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.