MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang-14/)
-   -   Headlight Removal ? (HARD) HELP PLEASE (https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l-1979-1995-mustang/303205-headlight-removal-hard-help-please.html)

CrazyCobraSpeed 06-12-2007 10:02 PM

RE: Headlight Removal ? (HARD) HELP PLEASE

it a picutre so we can see whats goin on... chances are that u are attackign it from a bad angle are highly likely if your haveing major problems with it.... u should have had htem out buy now... i replaced head lights corners and foglights all in 1.5 with never doin it b4 and the lights i put in were ebay lights so i really had to play with them to get them to line up well.. otehrwise i would have been done in about an hour....

91hatchgt 06-12-2007 10:15 PM

I put all new headlights in my 89 in about an hour, and I have pretty large hands. I took out a couple of bolts from underneath the car, was not hard at all. Chances are you are trying to use the wrong tools. I only used one wrench the whole time, just had to get them a little loose and they backed right off with just my fingers.

mustang5_0gt 06-12-2007 10:45 PM

DOn't be a PUSSY JUST DO IT ITS NOT THAT HARD! If u have 2 ask 2 get headlights out u don't need 2 be working on anything i have a foxbody and i found out it is easier if u get under the front bumper and lay on ur back and reach up there. Just takes a little time

I'M SORRY FOR ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE IN MY REPLY, PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!![&:]

stang8689 06-12-2007 11:28 PM

yeah its really not the hard, you must got some stubburn bolts, did you spray some wd-40 on them, try a ratcheting 11mm wrench

PRO50SC 06-12-2007 11:33 PM

ORIGINAL: mustang5_0gt

DOn't be a PUSSY JUST DO IT ITS NOT THAT HARD! If u have 2 ask 2 get headlights out u don't need 2 be working on anything i have a foxbody and i found out it is easier if u get under the front bumper and lay on ur back and reach up there. Just takes a little time

Replies like the above will not be tolerated in this forum.

05MineralGreyMustang 06-12-2007 11:39 PM

Only Reason im not fixing them is it was raining and it's dark

Tommorow i will get better tool smaller wrench! its not that difficult i'll figure it out it's just i dont have alot of tools i was thinking someone was going to reply and say remove the BLANK and you can get to it lol!!!

What ever! ill tackle it tomorow! and post pics!

cleanfitty 06-13-2007 01:19 AM

ORIGINAL: CrazyCobraSpeed

i didnt have to much trouble with mine... but i do have pretty small hands... and im not asain lol... just got small hands...

I wouldn't go around advertising that...

302f150 06-13-2007 01:23 AM

lol.....ignorance is bliss

LCBlackDep183 06-13-2007 02:35 AM

ORIGINAL: mustang5_0gt

I'M SORRY FOR ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE IN MY REPLY, PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!![&:]

LOL ProSC OWNED YOU! :D

mustang5_0gt 06-13-2007 10:14 AM

lol no one ownes me!