5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Looking 4 good junk!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 01:42 AM
HogWash94
1st Gear Member

Default Looking 4 good junk!!

I have a 94 GT 5.0 Man trans. All stock except for the coustom X pipe exhaust(no cats)I was wondering what parts I can get from the junkyard to put in my stang. And I need to do all of these w/ ordinary tools. I currently have noreverse, need to get a rim,2 new rear tires, and A/C. Im going to have that fixed. It was low, did the refill kit and now it comes on but I think there wasnt any oil in it(What does that usually cost,recharge that is). And how hard is it to put gears in. Im going for the 4.10 as every one seems to say that there the best all around. Thanks for the info folks!!
Old 07-06-2007, 01:48 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: Looking 4 good junk!!

you dont seem like the type of person who could install gears... so dont try
Old 07-06-2007, 01:50 AM
mudvayne1
3rd Gear Member

For the air conditioning buy a new hose and some freon from wal mart. It isn't that hard to do. As for everything else, take it to a mechanic and let him do it for you. You could screw it up worse than what it already is.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:53 AM
HogWash94
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

you dont seem like the type of person who could install gears... so dont try
Ive seen it done on "TV" it will only take like a half hour right??????????????LOL
All jokes aside, is it really that hard? I installed that grommet for the tank today!! That was a B!TCH,when your on the ground w/ no jacks....all man power there!!
But other then that is there anything else I can do??
Old 07-06-2007, 01:55 AM
HogWash94
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mudvayne1

For the air conditioning buy a new hose and some freon from wal mart. It isn't that hard to do. As for everything else, take it to a mechanic and let him do it for you. You could screw it up worse than what it already is.
Ya thats what I was going to do....take it to the mech. shop before I blow something up(A/C thats is)
Old 07-06-2007, 01:55 AM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

gears would take you all day with hand tools and a shop manual, and you'd more than likely still set them wrong. they are definately the last thing you should attempt to do if you aren't confident. if you set the lash 1mm off, and go drive it, KABOOM
Old 07-06-2007, 02:01 AM
HogWash94
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattdel

gears would take you all day with hand tools and a shop manual, and you'd more than likely still set them wrong. they are definately the last thing you should attempt to do if you aren't confident. if you set the lash 1mm off, and go drive it, KABOOM
That answers my question. Well then how much does a set of gears and a some sort of locker cost installed? This is a daily driver by the way.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:03 AM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

you dont need a locker. the stock 8.8 is a limited slip diff, works fine for a DD street use.
you will regret getting a locker installed.

bet on $350 to install the gears, you supply the gears, and the shop buys the rebuild kit.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:14 AM
HogWash94
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattdel

you dont need a locker. the stock 8.8 is a limited slip diff, works fine for a DD street use.
you will regret getting a locker installed.

bet on $350 to install the gears, you supply the gears, and the shop buys the rebuild kit.
Thats what I thought I put(limited slip) My buddy had an Aburn limited slipin his andyou wouldnt here the clunk that you thought u would. But as for the pricing for gears and all thats not to bad. Theres a plce that dealsstrictly mustang. Its down the road from Nashville super speedway.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:38 AM
5pointslow91
4th Gear Member

u can have my AC when i take it off

Quick Reply: Looking 4 good junk!!