5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Jzingos

Default Need Help

I have a 1995 GT. The motor about 2,000 on the top end rebuild. Cobra intake, GT 40 heads, B-cam...basically a stock cobra motor as I have been told. I bought the car this way. Car is in great shape. I recently put 4.10's in it. It is notmy daily. Brother-in-law named it "garage queen." Took it out last Saturday andnoticed it missing. Mind you, I am in 5th and cruise set. Tach said 2700. Brought it home and put it up because I thought maybe I had some trash in it from sittng for two weeks. Fromm my exit to house is two miles and had no problems with it. Drove it again just nowthe same place, the same way, everything and it is doing it again.Noticed it didnt start to temp around 180 degrees.This time though it does it while I am shifting through the gears and getting worse(on theway home). Brought it home and have fan on it cooling it down to check things. When it misses it shows o the tach(stock and AutoMeter). First problem since I got it last October.Any input would be great. Trying to get it to Myrtle Beach next weekend. Thanks for any help.