5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

REMANUFACTURED MOTOR

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 03:09 PM
kcsoa22
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: REMANUFACTURED MOTOR

Here is AER's website. http://www.aermanufacturing.com/index.html

Btw, AER Sells to many different people that sometimes relabel them as their own. You may be able to find one closer to you (less shipping cost) from one of their distributors.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:00 PM
strangebrew
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: strangebrew

I need a remaned one. where is a good place to order a stock 302 for a 87 lx. I was going to have a shop in town do it for me but they wanted 2700 for a used motor resealed and gt40 heads on it.Then they tried to sale me a short block forged goodies inside for 3500 with a warrenty.........
So im going to order a motor my self and TRY to install it myself wish me luck.
Well i just talked to him on the phone it seems it was a misunderstanding over the net, seems what im getting for3500 is a shrt block with forged pistons, used gt40 heads, a new timing chain cover, a new balancer, new acc belt,raditor,fan and he says the short block is one that he can stand behind on a warrenty and he knows the maufacture of it will too. think this is a good price for what im getting cause i relly dont want to pull it and do all the work myself.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:09 PM
kcsoa22
2nd Gear Member

What kind of warranty is he giving you?
Old 08-04-2007, 05:18 PM
strangebrew
1st Gear Member

one year p/l
Old 08-04-2007, 05:23 PM
kcsoa22
2nd Gear Member

That is an awful lot of money for only a 12 month warranty. You can get a Motorcraft engine for around $1500 Long block with a 3 year/75, 000 mile p & l warranty. I know you won't get "used" Gt 40 heads with it, but you could add them and still save a ton of money.

If you want a performance eng buy a crate motor, or build it. If you just want a reman, buy one with a nationwide 3 year warranty. I personally would not spend that much for used heads, and only a 12 month warranty.

Just my .02
Old 08-04-2007, 05:46 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

when did recon go out of business? i spent 5 years at a couple different local shops, one of which sold nationwide on a small scale. when we closed up shop a couple years ago i remember one local airboat company said they were gonna be buying from recon for their airboats.

i never worked for jasper, but over the years i have seen a few cores come thru the doors and they always looked ok - whereas recon and other companies would come in with tons of pins in the heads, welds, knurled guides, and other crazy crap that shouldnt have ever happened. hell, i have seen valves with stems ground down and then guides knocked into the heads with a smaller I.D. so they dont have to use new valves. thats pretty damn cheap in my book
Old 08-04-2007, 06:23 PM
kcsoa22
2nd Gear Member

Recon went out of business earlier this year, Delco Remy got of the engine biz too
Old 08-04-2007, 06:37 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

i'd tell you to check out titan engines out of ocala florida but since i and a few others left their staffs level of talent has dropped considerably. the guy doing the cranks and some of the blocks is good but the head shop staff and assembler dont know their *** from a hole in the ground

btw - http://www.marshallengines.com/ looks like its up and running just fine, but recon's site is dead
Old 08-04-2007, 06:47 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my77stang

how bad is jasper raping people these days? if your just wanting a stock rebuilt one jasper does very good work.

ATK, Marshall, and Recon are other nationwide companies that do long blocks, but their quality control leaves something to be desired.

with the prices people are getting these days for long blocks, it makes me thing i should be selling reman'd motors - i have access to all the machine shop equip

I am not raping people. I got a quote for a jasper motor for $3500 not too long ago
Old 08-04-2007, 07:27 PM
84Capri
1st Gear Member

I got mine from ProMar Engines up in NJ. It's $1600 w/ free shipping and free core pickup. If you're not returning your core, there's a $300 core charge, but if you are returning your core, you don't have to pay anything. The core charge isn't required upfront, you only pay it if you don't return your old block.

Quick Reply: REMANUFACTURED MOTOR