5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

ac controls stuck on windshield

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 01:06 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

Default ac controls stuck on windshield

last week my ac controls jammed up and I cannot get the air off of defrost. I do not even know where to start on this one anyone have any advise? its a 94 gt.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:43 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

Default RE: ac controls stuck on windshield

you have a vacuum leak on the line that runs into the car from the engine bay. on the fox bodies, there is a small plastic vac line that runs from the driver's side to the passenger side along the top of the fire wall. when it gets to the passenger side its splits into a T. one line stays in the engine bay and the other line goes into the cab. i would start by checking to make sure the line is still connected. if its not, you might have to pull the dash to find the vac line that is your problem.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:52 PM
95w.i.p
1st Gear Member

that's weird because the same thing just happened to my 95' gt.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:30 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

lucky is right... the mode doors operate off of vac... it could be anywhere tho... id suggest finding a vac diagram(not for engine bay, for the a/c system) and seeing what you need to check out... i mean you have vac in, the **** on the dash has a few vac lines, then the air box it self has quite a few... either a main one is disconnected(this is what i think it is btw) or there are a few off, or broken
Old 08-19-2007, 05:44 PM
thomasg5.0

does the **** still rotate but the air just stays on defrost?

if so then check the inside of the **** its probably cracked, so the **** turns but the metal tabon the insidethat actually changes settings stays in the same place. i had the same problem with the temp conroll ****. just go to the junk yard and pick up a couple.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:00 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

the **** still moves but I do not hear anything under the dash move at all, no noise. I dropped the glove box and took the dash out and checked all the lines I could see but did not hear or see anything bad really. I have had my head under dashed installing alarms and audio equipment for over 10 yrs but I know diddly about this stuff so any help is much appreciated fellas.......
Old 08-19-2007, 08:18 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

kick it
Old 08-19-2007, 08:29 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

I already gave it a "technical tap", although not with my foot it is too big to get that far into the dash.......
Old 08-19-2007, 11:32 PM
thomasg5.0

grabthe **** and pull it straight out of the dash, and look on the inside of it. its probably cracked, preventing it from moving anything on the inside.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:38 PM
94 G STANG
2nd Gear Member

you have a vacuum leak on the line that runs into the car from the engine bay. on the fox bodies, there is a small plastic vac line that runs from the driver's side to the passenger side along the top of the fire wall. when it gets to the passenger side its splits into a T. one line stays in the engine bay and the other line goes into the cab. i would start by checking to make sure the line is still connected. if its not, you might have to pull the dash to find the vac line that is your problem.
lucky is right .

Quick Reply: ac controls stuck on windshield