5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

factory freaks

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Stella94GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: factory freaks

i hate to say it but our sn's are a little fatter compaired to a fox. i raced a "stock" 89 vert and i had gears and straight pipes and i got beat 3 outa 5 times.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:20 PM
86whitepony
2nd Gear Member

the fact that your car is more than a decade old has way more miles on it. and back in the day that was a fast car. the bar is set higher and higher every year to make cars faster. it's all in the boost for that car. the next time you want to race on you should be like "take off your turbo and let's race n/a" i bet he can't even run a 16 w/o it.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:22 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

I DO believe in factory Freak cars. My car is stock and have never seen another one like it. I dont know, maybe it was a dealer car that had ordered special options for it or something[8D]
Old 03-28-2008, 01:53 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FASTBLACK

I DO believe in factory Freak cars. My car is stock and have never seen another one like it. I dont know, maybe it was a dealer car that had ordered special options for it or something[8D]
Nah, it was just a Wednesday car.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:10 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

LOL
Old 03-28-2008, 04:08 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

There are definitely factory freaks out there, companies experiment with different parts and tunes on random cars to see how they react. I've heard of a stock Mach1 running 12.8s, which certainly isn't common. My friend that's really into camaros told me some LS1s came with LS6 parts from the factory, for whatever reason, which would definitely cause them to be quicker than the rest.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:40 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OnyxCobra

There are definitely factory freaks out there, companies experiment with different parts and tunes on random cars to see how they react. I've heard of a stock Mach1 running 12.8s, which certainly isn't common. My friend that's really into camaros told me some LS1s came with LS6 parts from the factory, for whatever reason, which would definitely cause them to be quicker than the rest.

Please refer to my post on the first page of this thread.....
Old 03-28-2008, 04:51 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OneFastEclipse

Please refer to my post on the first page of this thread.....
I did, I disagree. We're not talking about minor differences here, we're talking about something significant. Obviously a few tenths could be driver error, this is more than that.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:51 PM
ewgoetz
3rd Gear Member

Factory Freaks are usualy born on a friday evening when they are being assebled. It's a blue collar work thing. Goes for any company. Also if they run out of a part they may throw on a part from another model just to get a shipment out on time.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:53 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

I did, I disagree. We're not talking about minor differences here, we're talking about something significant. Obviously a few tenths could be driver error, this is more than that.
And you think altitude, climate, different tracks, different drivers, etc. Isn't something significant?

Quick Reply: factory freaks