5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 11:54 PM
reno27
2nd Gear Member

Default Need help!!

Ok i recently took out my ac and powersteering and got a electric water pump and will take out my smog pump when i get my exhaust. Ok my ? is how am i going to run the belt? I was just going to buy a ac eliminator pulley for the ac and a smog pump eliminator pulley. i think i might have to make a bracket to put it where the powersteering went. Can i i just run the belt around the crankshaft pulley,alternator pulley,and belt tensioner pulley and smog? and if i delete the smog can i do just crank alternator and tensioner pulley? or can i get rid of the tensioner and just do crank alternator?

My idea now is to run a ac delete pulley and have every other pulley there except water pump and power steering. idk need some help on routing the belt and getting it together.

lots of pictures would be great

[align=left] [/align]
Old 04-08-2008, 11:19 PM
reno27
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Need help!!

ttt
Old 04-09-2008, 05:29 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...spagenameZWDVW

http://www.atomicperformance.com/ind...mp;ProdID=1070

They use the alternator as the tensioner rather than the tensioner being on the car. That should work for what you're needing. If you want to look at some different priced ones just google; mustang "alternator tensioner" bracket
You should get quite a few results
Old 04-09-2008, 09:39 AM
reno27
2nd Gear Member

thanks that did help but he still has his power steering and stock water pump?

i got a electric water pump and no power steering and soon no smog pump so do you know how i would go about doing that now?

Old 04-09-2008, 09:43 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: reno27

thanks that did help but he still has his power steering and stock water pump?

i got a electric water pump and no power steering and soon no smog pump so do you know how i would go about doing that now?

should of got a meziere elec pump with built in idler ten you could run stock config like I did..= easy and no guess work
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...347pics002.jpg